Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General > Site Polls

View Poll Results: Best 5th Film in a Horror Franchise?
A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 5: The Dream Child 5 5.26%
Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror 0 0%
Diary of the Dead 3 3.16%
Final Destination 5 11 11.58%
Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed 12 12.63%
Friday the 13th, Part V: A New Beginning 30 31.58%
Halloween 5 11 11.58%
Hellraiser: Inferno 2 2.11%
Howling V: The Rebirth 2 2.11%
Leprechaun in the Hood 0 0%
Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones 1 1.05%
Resident Evil: Retribution 3 3.16%
Return to Sleepaway Camp 1 1.05%
Saw V 2 2.11%
Seed of Chucky 4 4.21%
Silent Night, Deadly Night 5: The Toy Maker 1 1.05%
Taste the Blood of Dracula 4 4.21%
Texas Chainsaw 3D 1 1.05%
The Amityville Curse 1 1.05%
The Mummy's Curse 1 1.05%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2014, 09:13 AM   #91
Anaestheus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Boy View Post
I suppose 2+2=4 could be objective.
But either way,
Since I am feeling nit-picky, technically 2+2=4 is not objective either since all mathematics is based on axioms which by their own definition are statements that we assume to be true due to a lack of any contradiction. However, the aforementioned Tarkovsky actually did a funny bit of "proving" that 1+1=1 by adding a drop of water to an already existing drop of water and ending up with still one drop of water.
Anaestheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:57 AM   #92
Body Boy
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaestheus View Post
However, the aforementioned Tarkovsky actually did a funny bit of "proving" that 1+1=1 by adding a drop of water to an already existing drop of water and ending up with still one drop of water.
Ah! Tarkovsky strikes again. And dayem, that's a good point. I guess it'd be semantics now since we'd have to ask "is it an entity and another entity" or "adding together two entities"... That's a cool distinct observation. Never thought about it that way before.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:43 PM   #93
Jack Grendel
Victim

Ouch, you guys are making my head hurt!!!!!

It's more of an obsession really...
http://jgrendel.filmaf.com/owned?rc=1
Jack Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:07 PM   #94
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
Spawning Blue believes chatting on a podcast for hours is the same as spending those hours carefully reading, analyzing, writing, and researching opinions.

I may not be popular but I know what I'm talking about.
Nope, I don't. I have never argued our discussions to be anything more than just us chatting about what films we watched, our opinions on said films, and having some fun. From the beginning we never set out to deliver any more then that, and hope people can find some enjoyment in it, which it seems like some have. If you are looking for a podcast that really digs in and examines a film and all of the hidden messages and meanings in them, I will fully admit our podcast isn't for you.

Thankfully, there are several great podcasts out there that deliver just that, and even if we tried I know we wouldn't be able to compete with them, so we decided from the beginning to offer a different flavour. I've never been one to watch a film like that anyway. I get more excited about a fun scene or moment, than I do a hidden message inside. Not saying using your brain to watch a film is a bad thing though. I enjoy lots of movies with more to them than what's on the outside. That being said, I can enjoy a mindless slasher with gooey kills just the same. That's what is great about reviews, podcasts, ect. There is something out here for everyone! Sometimes I want to hear or read someone really analyze a film, really dig into meanings of the film. On the other hand, sometimes I just want to know if it's fun and whether or not it will entertain me for an hour and a half. I don't think a movie like Demons needs a ten page analysis in my opinion, and sometimes I feel people are reaching with their thoughts on certain films. But hey, who am I to judge if they got that out of the film?

I will fully admit, you are an intelligent person, and yes, you could probably out argue me with a more thorough and analytical essay on just about any film. I'm sure many on here could, which I have admitted several times. There are a lot of intelligent people on her, and lots of frequent intelligent discussions. That's why I continue to read and post here. That's also why it's so unfortunate that most of your thoughts get lost in the fact that you are rude, ignorant and disrespectful of others opinions. Opinions aren't right or wrong, they are just that, opinions. You can write ten paragraphs arguing all you want about how I am wrong and you are right, the bottom line is it isn't going to change how I feel about the film. Just because you didn't get something out of the film, doesn't mean no one else did, or should. And since there is no definite answer to who's right or wrong here, why start a fight over it? Once you learn that, and can accept that others aren't wrong, their opinions just differ from yours, people may take you more seriously. I don't think everyone disagrees with what you say, it's the way you go about it that really irks people. Instead of stating someone is wrong and writing up ten paragraphs on why they are wrong, just write up what you got out of the film. You really don't have to be a dick to get your point across, and no matter what you say or think, yes in the end they are just your opinions. Others seem to be able to disagree with each other without being nasty about it, why can't you?

And sorry for writing all of this, I ignored your post in the other thread as I said all I needed to say, but I thought since you attacked our podcast I thought I should throw out a rebuttal.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast

Last edited by spawningblue; 04-15-2014 at 07:11 PM.
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:21 AM   #95
TONY
Banned mofo

TONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:30 PM   #96
rhett

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONY View Post
Must be that time of the month...
Old 04-17-2014, 07:49 PM   #97
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Second period joke in under a week. (I mean: the same period joke.)
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:53 AM   #98
Hork!
Victim

Friday the 13th, Part V: A New Beginning
Hork! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:55 AM   #99
Chunkblower
Stalker

What? No Scanners: The Showdown?

For shame.
Chunkblower is offline   Reply With Quote