Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #1
thing
HackMaster
 
thing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,072
Christine (1983) blu ray - Australasian release

It appears identical to the German one which seemed identical to the Twilight time one sans isolated score. You can check it out at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDFhoBAGrhc
__________________
My Review Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/thishiddenworld/videos
thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light
 
Katatonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Missouri
Posts: 18,003
If it's the same as the German release, then technically it's not quite identical: http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleich...hd_multiID=560

Same transfer source, but a slightly inferior encode with a lesser bitrate. Probably no visible difference in motion though unless it's on a huge screen.

The audio also has a difference of 24 vs. 16 bit depth, so there might be a little more dynamic range on the TT disc depending on your setup and if you turn the volume up quite loud.
__________________
"We know nothing in reality; for truth lies in an abyss." - Democritus

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:10 PM   #3
thing
HackMaster
 
thing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
If it's the same as the German release, then technically it's not quite identical: http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleich...hd_multiID=560

Same transfer source, but a slightly inferior encode with a lesser bitrate. Probably no visible difference in motion though unless it's on a huge screen.

The audio also has a difference of 24 vs. 16 bit depth, so there might be a little more dynamic range on the TT disc depending on your setup and if you turn the volume up quite loud.
Yeah I saw that, no difference to my eyes and the reviews have said they cannot tell difference in motion.
__________________
My Review Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/thishiddenworld/videos
thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:59 PM   #4
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light
 
Katatonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Missouri
Posts: 18,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by thing View Post
Yeah I saw that, no difference to my eyes and the reviews have said they cannot tell difference in motion.
Yeah, on a TV it's not going to be noticeable unless you're sitting way up close staring at the pixels, or scaling it to a gigantic screen.
__________________
"We know nothing in reality; for truth lies in an abyss." - Democritus

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:08 PM   #5
thing
HackMaster
 
thing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Yeah, on a TV it's not going to be noticeable unless you're sitting way up close staring at the pixels, or scaling it to a gigantic screen.
yup, so essentially a nice cheap version for pretty much the same product
__________________
My Review Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/thishiddenworld/videos
thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2014 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com