Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 05-22-2014, 07:22 PM   #1
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Arrow Video Summer 2014 Releases (Shivers, Killer Klowns, Mark of the Devil, + more!)

Arrow Video & Academy's Summer 2014 releases:

Quote:
L’Assassino (Blu-ray)

The Beast (Blu-ray)

Bound (Blu-ray)

Branded to Kill (Blu-ray)

Brute Force (Blu-ray)

Killer Klowns from Outer Space (Steelbook / Normal Blu-ray)

Mark of the Devil (Blu-ray)

Night of the Comet (Blu-ray)

Rabid Dogs/Kidnapped (Blu-ray)

Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins... (Blu-ray)

Salvatore Guiliano (Blu-ray)

Shivers (Steelbook / Normal Blu-ray)

Stray Cat Rock: The Collection (Steelbook Blu-ray)
Extremely excited for David Cronenerg's Shivers on Blu-ray!

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:24 PM   #2
Franco
Weekender

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
Extremely excited for David Cronenerg's Shivers on Blu-ray!
Exactly, Canadian Prince!! It's incredible that they're finally releasing it!

Also expecting Remo Williams for full-action cheese. This guy dodged bullets!
Old 05-22-2014, 10:10 PM   #3
dave13
HackMaster

Shivers on BD. finally.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:17 PM   #4
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Damn, I wish Criterion would confirm whether or not they're releasing that rumored Cronenberg set so I won't have to double dip. First Scanners, which Second Sight beat them to, and now Shivers. I'm liking that Arrow steelbook so maybe I'll just go for that. Screw it, Criterion, you snooze you lose.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:31 AM   #5
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
Damn, I wish Criterion would confirm whether or not they're releasing that rumored Cronenberg set so I won't have to double dip. First Scanners, which Second Sight beat them to, and now Shivers. I'm liking that Arrow steelbook so maybe I'll just go for that. Screw it, Criterion, you snooze you lose.
I'm also seriously underwhelmed by the package they've assembled for Scanners. Hopefully Arrow puts a bit more effort into it.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:32 AM   #6
Egg_Shen
broomhead

Shivers and Remo Williams are definite purchases. I assumed Shivers would one day get a good release, but Remo Williams is a surprise. Hopefully Ward, Brimley and Joel Grey get interviewed. I had to check and see if Guy Hamilton was still with us, and he is! I hope he's involved as well. One thing I really like about Arrow are their booklets. Always nice additions. I wish more companies would go in for that.
Egg_Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:37 AM   #7
Cujo108
Screamy Bopper

Can't wait to upgrade Shivers. I'm really tired of watching it via that poor Image DVD. I'll skip the steelbook though. Not a fan of that art at all. Might grab Night of the Comet too, though will probably wait for a sale on that one.
Cujo108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:17 AM   #8
Ash28M
HackMaster

Been wanting to pick up shivers for years
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:28 AM   #9
buck135
The Duke of New York

Now we just need Rabid. Very excited about Shivers though.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:31 AM   #10
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Rabid Dogs/Kidnapped has been pushed back to an August 11th release date.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:29 PM   #11
f.ramses
Maniac

The Beast will be out on 7/21 but, as far as I can tell, the Camera Obscura box set, which includes The Beast, should be out 6/30 and backers should have theirs shipped out before that date! According to Arrow (Twitter, 4/23), 60% of the sets (limited to 1000 copies) are already spoken for.

Last edited by f.ramses; 05-23-2014 at 01:34 PM.
f.ramses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:27 PM   #12
f.ramses
Maniac

...and now the box is delayed until 8/18; kind of figured this was coming but I'm sure it will be worth the wait:

Quote:

We at Arrow are extremely excited about our upcoming release of Camera Obscura: The Walerian Borowczyk Collection. This is truly a milestone release for us, and one that we can't wait to share with you. We're now into the final stretch of production, and we're currently keeping very busy checking and double-checking, proofreading, finessing and subtitle-spotting everything that appears on the set.

As many of you know, this release has grown exponentially since announcing our fundraising campaign to restore Goto, Isle of Love last tear. Thanks in large part to your contributions, we were able to add a number of films that we didn't initially plan to include. In addition to all of the short films he made for Argos Films, we've managed to track down some of the commercials Borowczyk made during the 1960s, including a ten-minute animated short for a cigar firm that needs to be seen to be believed! We've also added trailers, alternate versions and even the short film Au Bout des Fusils directed by Borowczyk's friend Peter Graham, and lensed and edited by the man himself.

With every one of these films, we have created 2K scans from the best existing film elements available, to ensure that the presentations of every title will be definitive. In addition to the films themselves, the list of extras, many of them new and exclusive to this release, has also grown by leaps and bounds - in addition to numerous interviews with Borowczyk's former colleagues, we've also secured an hour-long interview with the man himself, filmed in the mid-1980s for Channel Four's Visions series but never broadcast. With the page count now into well into triple figures and the word count likely to exceed 50,000 (and that's before the extensive illustrations are taken into account), the "booklet" can no longer be referred to as such. Without doubt this will be the most comprehensive document on Borowczyk ever published in English.

With all this in mind, we must now let you know that we've had to move our release date for this release back in order to accommodate all this extra content, and all the additional work this entails. The new release date will be August 18th. We hope this news isn't too discouraging, but we feel we need just this sliver of extra time to make sure that this release is the absolute best it can be. Believe us, it'll definitely be worth the wait!

Many thanks for your patience and understanding.

Arrow Films​
Old 06-05-2014, 09:27 PM   #13
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Amazon UK lowered the pre-order price on several of these titles today. I went ahead and pre-ordered Shivers & Remo Williams.
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:32 AM   #14
Egg_Shen
broomhead

For those who like t-shirts, you get one from Arrow if you pre-order at least two of these. Also, they have the full list of special features for Remo Williams on their site here:

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/ind...product_id=383

I'm quite pleased with what's included, especially the doc which looks to be more inclusive of 80's action films in general. Seeing Sam Firstenberg involved makes me wish Arrow would do up a nice addition of American Ninja as well.

I wish they had gotten Fred Ward involved, but Joel Grey is there, and Carl Fullerton even has a piece. The old DVD isn't even widescreen, so this is a huge upgrade.
Egg_Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:19 PM   #15
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

DVD Beaver reviews Remo Williams: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film4/blu-r...ns_blu-ray.htm
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote