Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Asian Horror and Other Pleasures

Old 09-22-2005, 04:19 PM   #1
Peter Vincent

King Kong Vs. Godzilla & King Kong Escapes coming 11/29

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedigitalbits.com
Universal has revealed a 2-pack of King Kong vs. Godzilla and King Kong Escapes for release on 11/29 as well (SRP $19.98). Both titles will be in anamorphic widescreen.
For those paying ridicilous amounts for the crappy Goodtimes version on Ebay, just hold up, this one is WIDESCREEN. And for the cheap price, I may double-dip since it'll include the never before released King Kong Escapes.

I didn't think Universal still had the rights to these flicks. Oh well, good timing to coincide with Peter Jackson's updated King Kong.

Oh, & here's the direct link: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#moore
Old 09-22-2005, 04:51 PM   #2
Roo
Maniac

Thumbs up

I can't wait to get these movies on DVD. The only bad thing is, they'll be the dubbed versions. With all the recent Godzilla DVD's released, I've gotten hooked on the original language tracks.
Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 04:57 PM   #3
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

This is the best news yet - I'm overwhelmed with DVD "to-buy" choices now with this, the Universal Hammers, ect. I love IT!!! It reminds me of when Elite started their laserdisc line and all of their releases gave me butterflies in my stomach.
Here's to hoping War of the Gargantuas is around the corner!
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 05:16 PM   #4
Roo
Maniac

Thumbs up

War of the Gargantuas would be awsome! Until then, YOG: MONSTER FROM SPACE will be released on 10/11. Here's the release info for the movie.

"After months of speculation, Media Blasters has also confirmed that they have acquired the 1970 Toho film SPACE AMOEBA. Known in Japan as GEZORA, GANIME, KAMEBA: DECISIVE BATTLE! GIANT MONSTERS OF THE SOUTH SEAS (Gezora-Ganime-Kameba: Kessen! Nankai-no Daikaiju), the movie was released in the United States by AIP as YOG: MONSTER FROM SPACE.

SPACE AMOEBA was the last non-Godzilla kaiju film produced by Toho during the Showa era. It was directed by the legendary Ishiro Honda, with special effects by Sadamasa Arikawa and music by Akira Ifukube. The cast includes a trio of popular genre actors: Akira Kubo (MATANGO, DESTROY ALL MONSTERS), Yoshio Tsuchiya (THE HUMAN VAPOR, MONSTER ZERO), and Kenji Sahara (RODAN, GODZILLA VS. THE THING). As for the monster stars, the giant turtle Kameba returned as a victim of Godzilla in 2003's GODZILLA: TOKYO SOS while a brief stock footage shot of Gezora was part of an early montage in GODZILLA FINAL WARS.

Media Blasters' SPACE AMOEBA DVD is scheduled for October 11th. Meanwhile, Toho Video's own R2 DVD release hits shops in Japan this month."

I found this info on Henshinonline.com.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:19 PM   #5
KR~!
The Apocalyptic Kid

I already have both films with anamorphic widescreen, totally remastered, UNCUT, original Japanese track with subtitles with extras. The US versions of these films aka the dub versions are extremely cut and buctered.

The Japanese version of King Kong vs. Godzilla feels like a different movie.
Totally different music (million times better than the US version), different plot, different editing and thus different pace, tons of scenes that were cut from the US version, and all the boring things that were added to the US version are nowhere to be found.

If this release is uncut, then you should all get it.

- Johann von Goethe
KR~! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 07:41 PM   #6
Roo
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR~!
I already have both films with anamorphic widescreen, totally remastered, UNCUT, original Japanese track with subtitles with extras. The US versions of these films aka the dub versions are extremely cut and buctered.

The Japanese version of King Kong vs. Godzilla feels like a different movie.
Totally different music (million times better than the US version), different plot, different editing and thus different pace, tons of scenes that were cut from the US version, and all the boring things that were added to the US version are nowhere to be found.

If this release is uncut, then you should all get it.
Where did you get your copies? I would love to get them in original language.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:14 PM   #7
KillerCannabis
Slow, Deep & Hard

I want to know where you got these too!

I'll buy this set for a couple reasons: my Goodtimes disc of King Kong vs. Godzilla is scratched and skips near the end and I really want King Kong Escapes. I've been hoping someone would release this for a while now. Kong vs. Cyber Kong rules! This is a great year for fans of the Big Ape.
KillerCannabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:15 PM   #8
SaviniFan
I Have A Fetish

Same here. If it is available with subs then please clue me in to where to get them. I'd go that route in a heart beat!

And yes. PLEASE somebody release War of the Gargantuas. That flick is awesome!

PS3 Gamer Tag: SaviniFan Steam Gamer Tag: ToastyBuffoon

My DVD Profiler
SaviniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:48 PM   #9
KR~!
The Apocalyptic Kid

They are very professional releases with great cover art and art on the DVD itself and sold sealed. However, they are not "official" releases, so I can't legally post where I got them. You can google it and try to find it that way.
They are not cheap crappy bootlegs, but high end "fan-subs" DVDs.

Hint: Japanese Monster movies are called what?

add "video" to the front of that and there you go.

- Johann von Goethe

Last edited by KR~!; 09-22-2005 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:17 PM   #10
Peter Vincent

Quote:
Hint: Japanese Monster movies are called what?

add "video" to the front of that and there you go.
If its the place I'm thinking of, I get their little "mailer" they send every so often. I've always been skeptical because they are "boot legs" after all & I've had DVD-R's deteriorate over time.

And don't they each run around $15 to $20 a piece? I'm all for the original Japanese track but that's a little high for a featureless DVD-R.

Shoe, I've had issues paying nearly $20 for Sony's recent releases of the Big G films. I only have G x MG x Mothra & if Final Wars comes out, I'll probably buy that one too.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:43 PM   #11
KR~!
The Apocalyptic Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Vincent
If its the place I'm thinking of, I get their little "mailer" they send every so often. I've always been skeptical because they are "boot legs" after all & I've had DVD-R's deteriorate over time.

And don't they each run around $15 to $20 a piece? I'm all for the original Japanese track but that's a little high for a featureless DVD-R.
It's $15 and all the DVDs come with extras, you can goodle them and read reviews if you like, but we shouldn't talk about it here.

- Johann von Goethe
Old 09-23-2005, 04:59 PM   #12
Roo
Maniac

Quote:
It's $15 and all the DVDs come with extras, you can goodle them and read reviews if you like, but we shouldn't talk about it here.
Well that sounds like an invitation to come over to your house and watch a few movies.......I'll bring the beer!
Old 09-23-2005, 09:38 PM   #13
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Definitely want to get this release, since I sold my KK Vs. Godzilla to take advantage of the high prices! I, of course kept a ripped copy, but don't have KK Escapes, so that'll be a cool addition to the library!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 11:26 PM   #14
KillerCannabis
Slow, Deep & Hard

Just sold my Goodtimes copy of KK vs. G to some sucker for $30 on ebay.
KillerCannabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:42 AM   #15
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

I hope the picture on KK vs. G is better than the Toho DVD - sometimes it looks as though you're viewing the film thru a mesh screen.
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote