Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-05-2013, 04:32 AM   #61
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchetwarrior View Post
So they just released the official trailer for the remake (Click here) and WOW..... I really don't want to see this anymore. The teaser gave me a lot of hope but it's clear they are just making the same exact movie. And another thing, I understand they are trying to appeal to a younger audience who may have never seen or heard of the original but Jesus Christ, did they have to give away the entire plot of the movie! I mean I have seen the original countless times but still, this trailer is far from subtle.
To be fair, there is nothing given away in this trailer that wasn't given away in the trailer for the original 1976 film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJe0iVo8y3A

But otherwise, yeah, I agree with you. The talent involved makes it worth checking out at some point for me, but I'm definitely not going to shell out 9 bucks to see it at the theater.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:59 AM   #62
hots4
Stalker

not that impressed, I really like chloe mortez, but I think she is wrong for this part, she looks like one of the cool kids to me and does not have that vulnerable look/feel I think is essential for the part, also as expected to much CGI.
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #63
Hellbilly
Water-squirting greatness

No dirty pillows no sale.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #64
Copyboy
Maniac

Alright, as much as I hate to admit it, that trailer looks like this is going to be fun. There, I said it. I love Carrie. I love De Palma. But I really think Julianne Moore and Chloe Moretz could make this worth seeing. Of course, Julianne Moore was in the Psycho remake too, but no matter how awful a movie she's in she always gives a great performance.
Copyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #65
Hellbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copyboy View Post
Of course, Julianne Moore was in the Psycho remake too, but no matter how awful a movie she's in she always gives a great performance.
That is true. She made the movie 6 Souls great and worth watching because her presence alone.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #66
SaviniFan
I Have A Fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
No dirty pillows no sale.
In running for post of the year imo.

PS3 Gamer Tag: SaviniFan Steam Gamer Tag: ToastyBuffoon

My DVD Profiler
SaviniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #67
SaviniFan
I Have A Fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
To be fair, there is nothing given away in this trailer that wasn't given away in the trailer for the original 1976 film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJe0iVo8y3A

But otherwise, yeah, I agree with you. The talent involved makes it worth checking out at some point for me, but I'm definitely not going to shell out 9 bucks to see it at the theater.
Ha. I just realized in the trailer, it says "introducing John Travolta in his first motion picture role" as his car flips a couple of times. Different "roll" I know, but funny all the same to me.

PS3 Gamer Tag: SaviniFan Steam Gamer Tag: ToastyBuffoon

My DVD Profiler
SaviniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:17 PM   #68
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hots4 View Post
not that impressed, I really like chloe mortez, but I think she is wrong for this part, she looks like one of the cool kids to me and does not have that vulnerable look/feel I think is essential for the part, also as expected to much CGI.
Agreed. The teaser gave me a little hope but this new trailer just makes it look so generic and stale. Hollywood needs to start casting plain looking actor and actresses again and making some of these parts more believable. I too like Chloe but she is just wrong for this part.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #69
fceurich39
HackMaster

I have a feeling this film is going to be awful definitely wasn't impressed I think the awful texas chainsaw 3D trailer was better
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #70
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
Agreed. The teaser gave me a little hope but this new trailer just makes it look so generic and stale. Hollywood needs to start casting plain looking actor and actresses again and making some of these parts more believable. I too like Chloe but she is just wrong for this part.
Agreed. Chloe looks really pretty in this movie which makes it hard to buy that she's the unpopular Carrie.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:42 AM   #71
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

I saw the trailer last night in front of Evil Dead and thought it went on for far too long, even if it does look solid. It's a truncated version of the entire movie, played chronologically (minus the very ending). If the original trailer did the same thing, so be it, but since that film is so well-known, I'd prefer it if they kept some of the magic under wraps. I'll give it a rental, since I saw there's wasn't much by way of surprises in the way it plays out.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:28 AM   #72
othervoice1
HackMaster

Quote:
As several others have said - totally agree - her character is the movie and to miscast this badly is inexcusable
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #73
Copyboy
Maniac

I'm not giving up on Chloe yet. Sissy Spacek was also too attractive for the part but she made it work. If I remember correctly, King's Carrie had acne, was overweight and called a big, dumb pudding by her classmates.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #74
Hellbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copyboy View Post
If I remember correctly, King's Carrie had acne, was overweight and called a big, dumb pudding by her classmates.
That would be Rebel Wilson:

Old 04-07-2013, 12:00 AM   #75
Copyboy
Maniac

Oh my GOD! Who IS that? I think I work with her!