Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Slashers

Old 04-12-2004, 04:08 PM   #16
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

This got a really wide release in the US in the summer of '82. I remember it playing in a du-plex opposite ANNIE. I took my mother to see this...and we stayed and watched it twice!
Would love to own this on DVD.
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:55 PM   #17
RyanPC

I found the VHS used for $2.99 at a video store. I'd never seen it before but was pleasantly surprised- it turned out to be a rather original little thriller. I almost shat myself when
Spoiler:
Ironside first jumps out of the shadows and stabs Lee Grant.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:26 PM   #18
SaviniFan
I Have A Fetish

Review for the new AB DVD. Just picked it up today and I'll be watching it this evening.

http://www.horrorchannel.com/?name=R...content&id=885

PS3 Gamer Tag: SaviniFan Steam Gamer Tag: ToastyBuffoon

My DVD Profiler
SaviniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:33 PM   #19
Katatonia
Master of Doom

I picked it up yesterday. Sucks that it really didn't get any worthwhile extras, but at least it's out on DVD!

Anchor Bay must have quit with the Postercard/Chapter inserts. There was nothing inside this or the Bad Dreams cases.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:41 PM   #20
Bad_Ronald_1983
Stalker

I just picked this up on Monday. A/V quality is pretty good, could have been a little better, the extras, are lacking, no insert, and the cover art all around looks a little cheesy. They could atleast put in a theatrical trailer!
Bad_Ronald_1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:06 PM   #21
KillerCannabis
Slow, Deep & Hard

I'll probably order both this and Bad Dreams from DDD since none of my local stores had either in stock at a good price. Btw, what the fuck is up with AB discontinuing the insert cards? That's one aspect that separated them from major studio releases. Keep on sucking on, AB.
KillerCannabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:55 PM   #22
SaviniFan
I Have A Fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCannabis
I'll probably order both this and Bad Dreams from DDD since none of my local stores had either in stock at a good price. Btw, what the fuck is up with AB discontinuing the insert cards? That's one aspect that separated them from major studio releases. Keep on sucking on, AB.
Not only does it not have an insert, the keepcase itself feels VERY flimsy and cheap. Kinda like the 10 packs you can buy for $5.

My DVD Profiler
Old 04-20-2006, 10:19 PM   #23
gore

Yes it is lacking extras, Buuut I picked this and bad dreams up at BB and they were only 11.99. By the way, be sure to check all the genre locations at BB if you pick it up there, at least at my local store they like to place horror movies in odd sections.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:32 PM   #24
SaviniFan
I Have A Fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by gore
Yes it is lacking extras, Buuut I picked this and bad dreams up at BB and they were only 11.99. By the way, be sure to check all the genre locations at BB if you pick it up there, at least at my local store they like to place horror movies in odd sections.
Yeah. I scoured my local Best Buy's horror section for Visiting Hours. They had them in the Sci-Fi section. Go figure.

My DVD Profiler
Old 04-21-2006, 12:49 AM   #25
ekent
The Lord's Arm of Justice

Location: North California, South Alabam, and little towns all around this land
I've never seen it. Is it worth a blind buy?
ekent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 12:51 AM   #26
RyanPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekent
I've never seen it. Is it worth a blind buy?
Definitely, especially since the price is so cheap. I still haven't picked it up, though.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:45 AM   #27
MrKateB
Asshole Extraordinaire

I'm so glad I picked this up the other day (along w/Bad Dreams)...Although I could have sworn that I'd seen this movie in its entirety back in it's day, and I own a copy on VHS, it was pretty clear once viewing the new DVD that I'd never actually seen this one all the way through. I remember that I wasn't very impressed with this movie originally, but I think that may be because I was well into my gore phase, and this came across as rather slow and uninteresting.

I was pretty impressed with it now, and I think it is one of the better slasher/thrillers from the 80's. It's definitely no match on the gore/shocker level that Friday the 13th/My Bloody Valentine/Happy Birthday to Me etc. are, but it held up pretty well, I thought, and definitely kept my interest, providing a few creepy and nasty moments and some serious jump-scares. Maybe it's a sign of old fogey-ness creeping in, but I liked it and am glad I gave it another chance...

Now, more importantly, what the hell happened to Linda Purl? I never see her on anything anymore.
MrKateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:22 PM   #28
Curt Duncan

I ordered this yesterday with Bad Dreams as well.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:26 AM   #29
IGotsNewShoes

Did anyone else have a weird audio sound about ten minutes into the film when the two nurses are talking about the brunette nurses rating system for dates? It was like a one second thing but it made a glitchy sound...is it just my copy or all of them?
Old 04-23-2006, 03:44 AM   #30
onebyone

I didn't notice the first time, but I double checked for you and I had a brief audio glitch when the nurses were rating dates at about 19:26.

Now, as to why you thought that was the ten minute mark....