88 Films Classic Slasher Line

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by thing, Jul 16, 2014.

1. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I like that artwork as well and while I own quite a few 88 blu-rays I don't believe I'll be picking this one up unless it drops to about half price.

2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

3. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

They actually use that price because the title isn't ready to order yet. Not sure why they don't just say it's not available yet. Ronin does something similar but they use a $0.00 retail.

https://roninflix.com/collections/coming-soon

baggio likes this.
  4. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

I see this line drying up for 88 Films. Not much happening with the line lately and these days it's mostly studio stuff like the Last Summer films. Much of their most recent lineup is made up of movies Vinegar Syndrome has already released so there's nothing in it for us Yanks.

Steel76 likes this.
  5. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

The Hysteria lives commentaries really make want the I still Know box set and the New Year's Evil blu-ray's but justifying the cost with fees and shiping etc make me consider my buys ( especially double dips on bluray's over and over) more carefully.

6. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Probably not as you note 'for us Yanks' but this is a UK company and with the increasing cost of importing from the US (the shipping costs have doubled this year) then any release in our region of a previously released film in US will be good for me and others. Shipping within Europe (I know we have left but shipping costs have not increased) is relatively cheap so I'm sure there are many within the European area purchasing their discs.

7. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

The problem with the line, is that they have released a lot of movies that really aren't true slasher movies.
    They should have added stuff like The Prowler, My Bloody Valentine etc.
    Stuff like Slaughterhouse Rock sure as hell isn't a slasher to me.

baggio, hots4, wago70 and 1 other person like this.
  8. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I agree that some of the title's are definitely questionable under the 'slasher' banner. I would love somebody in the UK to release 'My Bloody Valentine' one of the titles you mentioned but I can't see it. I don't know of a single paramount owned film that has been released by another company here in the UK, This may change but I just can't see it.

I agree that 'the prowler' should have had a release by now.

I'm hoping they pick up 'massacre at central high' as I've heard good things here, enjoyed the trailer but none of these things are enough for me to blind buy the US release, that price with shipping and tax etc is crazy, if it was my number 1 favourite film I would still have to think long and hard about that price let alone something I've never seen before.

loutoad23 and Steel76 like this.
  9. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

Massacre is great, no one should need to pay that much to see it. Hopefully it gets a UK release soon.

hots4 likes this.