Alien 2 (a.k.a. Alien Terror) coming to BD!!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Steel76, Oct 14, 2010.

1. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

They even updated their website, sort of. http://www.midnight-legacy.com/

All the major online retailers seem to be out of stock. There aren't even many second hand copies floating around, and the asking price on those copies seem to be mostly in the $120.00 and up range for the most part.

I'm thinking this was more of a mercy killing than a true sell out. I know there's been a lot of speculation as to whether or not they actually pressed 30,000 copies as had initially been indicated, but I can't believe the supply would dry up within 3 years if there truly were 30,000 copies out in circulation.

2. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Was the ALIEN 2 BD region-free? It's possible they may have sold a higher number of units overseas. The Germans and Japanese eat this stuff up. That facebook post gives me a little bit of hope that the label will come back to life. They did say they were going to withhold the rest of their lineup until the market improved and we're certainly seeing a resurgence of sorts now.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I would guess they pressed maybe 1,000, took 'em nearly three years to sell that many and decided it wasn't worth it to press any more.

I bought mine when it was first released, and I still haven't even opened it. Maybe I'll sell it? If I still haven't watched it after 3 years, I can't be that interested in it?

4. MrTransistor1

MrTransistor1 Member

Yes the Alien 2: On Earth DVD and Blu-Ray are region free. I believe it when they say that the Blu-Ray is sold out. We don't know how many it sold because they are not saying and probably will never know. There is no way that it sold 30,000 copies, 3000 is a more realistic number. Midnight Legacy will come back in the future with the release of another movie, that I firmly believe.

5. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

7. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

luckily i bought mine immediately upon release

if they release a new film on BD and it's another piece of trash like this (movie, not A/V quality), i'm buying it immediately again!

8. MrTransistor1

MrTransistor1 Member

Midnight Legacy is like the Criterion Collection of Italian horror movies, they are really concerned about the tiny details of producing a quality DVD or Blu-Ray. I know they have only released one movie so far, but their attention to detail is immpressive. From the number of mistakes I have seen over the years on DVD's from various companies, makes me wonder if these companies really carefully watch and check for these problems. The latest one that I found is Demons 2 from Synapse Films. Did you know that the DVD has a defect?

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

What defect?

10. MrTransistor1

MrTransistor1 Member

The interview with Federico Zampaglione does not play all the way through.

11. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It played absolutely fine for me.

12. MrTransistor1

MrTransistor1 Member

OK what I am saying is if you have the Demons 2 Blu-Ray and DVD package from Synapse Films, and you try to play that interview on the DVD it won't play all the way through. I am talking about the DVD not the Blu-Ray. The interview on the Blu-Ray plays through completely.

13. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

i have experienced something similar, but with the double bill release of Terrorvision and The Video Dead on Blu/DVD

it's region 1 so i ordered it for the included DVD of these movies and the final minutes of The Video Dead are scrambled and the movie locks down :(