Amazon.com sucks thread

Discussion in 'General' started by rp108, Dec 23, 2005.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I guess I haven't pre-ordered from Amazon in a while, but did they stop release day delivery for Prime members? All my pre-orders are showing for the Thursday after.

2. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

The most recent pre-order I had was due out on 7/14 and Amazon shipped on 7/13 so at least in this case they weren't holding the order up. I can't recall when I received it but typically items arrive within a day or two.

3. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

They are saying they can't guarantee any longer due to delays caused by covid. Things like food and essentials get preferential treatment. But it does seem to be getting a bit better lately.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I don't even use Amazon for pre-orders anymore, unless it's a really good price or something exclusive. I've mostly just been using Bull Moose (or Target's B2G1 sales) for most things now. At least I usually receive things before the release date with BM and get points. No sales tax yet either.

With Amazon prime, it does now seem like any pre-orders don't arrive until a day or two after the release date now. With higher prices, crappy packaging, and non-release day delivery... there's not much reason to use them right now.

maybrick and SilentScreams like this.
  5. CPT HOOK

Amazon is having Prime Day or whatever.

Today and tomorrow only, if you purchase a $40 Amazon gift card and check out using coupon code: GC20PRIME
    You will receive a bonus $10 credit in your account.

baggio, chancetx and russweiss like this.
  6. CPT HOOK

Amazon is becoming a tough place to pre-order movies from. As the release date approaches, they seem to bump back the arrival date by months. I keep ending up having to cancel and order elsewhere.

For example, I pre-ordered Synchronic back in early December, which is being released on Tuesday. About a week ago, the arrival date changed from the release date (Jan 26th) to March 10th.

I get that these are non-essential items... but that's quite the delay.

7. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Are you a Prime member? I am, and they no longer guarantee that I will receive my blu-ray's on the release date. They usually ship on the release date.

8. CPT HOOK

Yes, and I don't necessarily care about receiving it on the release date, but over a month is a bit much.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  9. russweiss

I've had Synchronic in my cart for a few weeks now and as of this post it still says January 26th is the release date. Are you saying they told you that you won't get your copy until March 10th?

10. CPT HOOK

Yes, I ordered it in early December. The release date is still January 26th, and my order originally reflected that, but now my Amazon order is showing I won't get mine until March. And yes, I have Prime.

They've done this a few other times recently, but I just end up cancelling and getting it elsewhere. I think it's because they're "non-essential" items.

11. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I had an issue trying to cancel an Amazon pre-order (May 11th release date) today. I just keep getting an "error" message and to try again in a few minutes. I tried it about 12 hours ago, then 6 hours ago, and again just recently.

I did a chat and they just gave some lame reason it was because the pre-order had not been given an estimated delivery date yet. That has never made any difference before now.

I then called customer service, and the person basically just said there was a system "error" and they could not cancel it in the system. I can refuse the delivery and return it when it ships.

Utterly ridiculous. :mad: Nothing was offered except a polite "Shit happens, sorry!". The numerous problems dealing with Amazon are just getting so bad that I really wonder if I even renew Prime next year. I find myself ordering fewer and fewer items through them.

EDIT: Okay, I figured out how to cancel it... basically by changing the Name/Address, Payment Method, Delivery Speed. I'm not even sure which one worked, but probably the Name/Address.

I've never had that big of a headache getting an Amazon pre-order cancelled in all of my years using them. And their customer service? A bunch of clueless idiots anymore... they never know how to do anything!

zbinks likes this.
  12. CPT HOOK

Prime is pretty weird any more. If I go to the item pages, most things say "Get it tomorrow if you order in the next xx:xx". However, once I go into checkout, the delivery date changes and adds a few extra days.

Two day shipping isn't a thing anymore. The fastest for anything is three days. If I order anything after Wednesday, it isn't coming until the following Monday or Tuesday. If I order Sunday through Tuesday, it usually comes the same week.

For example, I ordered something on Tuesday. On the item page, it said get it the next day. I checked out, the date changed to Friday. Now it just changed to Monday. The item I ordered on Wednesday said it would be here on Friday on the item page, then it changed to Tuesday upon checkout. So most of my Prime shipments now take about a week.

I had a smashed up item received a couple weeks ago. Took 3 days to get here, item arrived damaged. Put in for a replacement within 15 minutes of getting it. Replacement shipping was slower 5-day. So it took 8 days to get my item.

The other weird thing is whatever the delivery estimate is on the order page, they sit on the item until about 12 hours before the delivery then quickly overnight it. You'd think that'd be more expensive?

It's kind of a bummer, especially in regards to physical media where Best Buy, Target, WalMart, etc are shying away from it and narrowing their departments to less than a single aisle. The options are no longer there, you kind of don't have a choice besides Amazon.

13. russweiss

Most of my Amazon purchases are movies and I still find that the majority of them are two day ship time.