Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I also asked about Savage Streets for the hell of it and they said it's not out yet.

I heard about the them doing a new edition so I hope it comes true. Ordered the Arrow DVD and it was locked to Region 2 ( was Region 0 but Arrow told me they were forced to re-issue and lock it)

2. startide

startide Member

I suspect the list of leftovers has been dwindling, the list I got sent didn't include some of the titles other MB members bought. I was keen on Rituals and Sweet Sixteen, but the prices of those two were more than double (triple in some cases) of the other titles. Still about $10 cheaper than Amazon marketplace though. Am waiting on a weight for postage. :)

3. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Does anybody know if The Severed Arm / So Sad About Gloria double feature is out yet? I can't find it on Amazon, and I'm dying to get my hands on SSAG.

4. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for that one too, Body Boy. Unfortunately, I don't think a specific release date beyond the vague Feb/Mar 2012 was given. Even worse, that title was announced right before Bill pulled all his titles from online retailers and announced all future releases would be DVD-Rs sold direct from his site. Hope this title doesn't get lost in the transition, though I'm not excited about a burned disc.

5. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I don't recall reading that future CR titles will be DVD-Rs. Like the Shout! Factory Selects, I think they'll be actual DVDs that are only sold through the company's website (in this case codereddvd.com) and not other places such as Amazon.

6. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Where was this announcement made?

7. FinalSora

FinalSora New Member

Bill NEVER said that upcoming titles will be DVD-Rs. He just announced recently that he made a deal with a new PRESSING PLANT on his twitter account.

Also, SAVAGE STREETS is now a Scorpion Title that will be released in one of the Katarina lines.

8. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Anything new gonna be on that Savage Streets disc? I have the BCI SE as well as bought the Arrow for the awesome artwork. The Scorpion disc better bring something new to the table if I'm going to triple dip.

9. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Bill said a while back that the new Svage Streets release will have all previous BCI extras (plus one of the commentaries will be unedited) plus new material.

10. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Good. Scorpion will do a more professional job with the release, and have better and more solid distribution.

Dobby likes this.
  11. Bluenoser

Bluenoser New Member

Also, I believe the reason his titles disappeared from online retailers is because his distributor, Navarre, decided to get out of the DVD distribution business. A large number of companies lost their distribution when Navarre ducked out.

12. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Mea culpa, I misunderstood that announcement. But with all his complaining about low sales numbers I guess I assumed he was talking about pressing lower number of on demand discs. Very sorry to start a panic.
    :eek:

13. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

When I ordered from him via email, I asked about some of the titles that he said were "sold out". Would they be available at a later date? He said they were expensive to press, and that he had to do pressings in large quantities, which he didn't feel he would then be able to sell all of (to paraphrase). I hope that one way or another, he's able to offer some of these currently unavailable titles again in the future. It would be a shame if things like Rituals and Nightmare, which people have been waiting for on disc for so long, were only available for such a short time.

14. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Glad the DVD-R thing was just a misunderstanding and not something I'd missed, I like my Code Red releases but I'd be pretty pissed if I bought one and was blindsided with a DVD-R!

15. nateynate87

nateynate87 New Member

Emailed him a few days ago about some titles I was interested in and haven't heard anything back. Is there something specific we should be putting in the subject line? Or does he just take a couple days to get back to you?

I'm guessing I should just remain patient

16. fart_mike

fart_mike New Member

does everyone's Nightmare set have the "100,000" scroll at the bottom of the front? mine doesn't...it's a legit copy, bought brand new from amazon by my mother-in-law, but i was just wondering if it's a variant, or what...

17. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The first pressing had the "Limited Edition: No more Than 100,000 Will Be Pressed" banner at the bottom of the front cover.

The later repressing doesn't have it. I don't know why they changed it, on another forum Bill stated that this hasn't sold anywhere near 100,000 copies.

Dobby likes this.
  18. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

Not sure. We communicated back and forth several times before I submitted my order and he always responded in a timely manner.

19. unclefred

unclefred Member

For some reason I thought Primal Rage was oop, I'm going to have to get that one.

20. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

It is. He only has a few left (From his private stash), was asking $25 for them if I recall correctly which isn't too bad considering what they are going for on Ebay.

Actually he had a lot of OOP titles for sale at very reasonable prices in my opinion. He could have totally been greedy and put them up on eBay and probably got three or four times the amount he is asking.

I wish I had more money as there were still quite a few titles I wanted but $100 was my limit with a baby coming in the next few months.