Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

Thanks for those Milligan blu screen caps! They look amazing! I heard I got a package in the mail yesterday... it must be these! Can't wait!! Are there any supplements at all? At least trailers? Or films only?

2. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Yeah, I was excited about these discs but the quick sampling I did wound up looking better than I expected! Just had a quick look and you get the following with these:

Bloodthirsty Butchers:
    - Interview with John Miranda
    - Trailer

Torture Dungeon:
    - Nothing (no menu)

The Man with Two Heads:
    - Deleted scenes and trailer

3. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

Wow! Seeing those caps has really given me new perspective on Milligan the clothing designer.

4. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Midway through October, and after reading Rhett's review of it here, I decided that I really did want a copy of Butcher, Baker, Nightmare Maker. I trudged over to CodeRed's shop, and ordered it. Apparently I got pretty lucky, because the one time I went looking for it, there it was in stock. I had to have it shipped to an Aunt's house in the states, who then sent it along with my cousin when she recently came to visit, but this weekend I finally got my copy. After watching the movie, I'm glad I did. It really was pretty solid. Maybe not worth the $30 or so that I had to pay for it, but still...I'm happy to have it. And the OCD in me is overjoyed to finally have spine number 006 on my shelf. that gap was really bugging me!

5. Drinkinstein

Drinkinstein Member

Sweet! Diabolik shipped out my Messiah of Evil and Lady Stay Dead order today! From the sound of things on the forums seems I really lucked out even getting to place the order! Right place, right time :cool:

6. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Bwahaha!

Seriously though, on what level does one appreciate these Milligan titles? I find him interesting as a personality of grindhouse movie making, but are his movies really enjoyable in and of themselves? I certainly enjoy such low budget 70's efforts as Barn of the Naked Dead, Bloodsucking Freaks, and Silent Night, Bloody Night, but Milligan's movies seem to be a colossal step down even from those.

7. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Surgikill (1989) was an interesting comedy.
    But I think that The Ghastly Ones (1968) was a great, entertaining slasher film.

Silent Night Bloody Night doesn't belong with those other two, imo.

8. cjg

cjg Active Member

Agree

9. Kim Bruun

Maybe not. I just wanted to name a selection of low budget, grimy 70's horror movies that I really enjoy. :) I could also have mentioned Messiah of Evil and Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural. Not because I consider these movies equally artistic or feel that they occupy the exact same niche, but because I feel that each of them, in a way, is driven by creativity in spite of budgetary limitations. The same might be said of the Milligan titles, but I get the impression that in addition to even greater budgetary limitations, there are also significant limitations in terms of the talent involved. ;)

10. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I wish I had picked up Messiah of Evil when it popped up on Diabolik. Does anyone have screen caps to share? My Nightmare Blu just arrived. I have some work movies I need to see, but after that, this is next up.

11. Kim Bruun

I had to go back to this comment... :)

In Sleazoid Express, Bill Landis and Michelle Clifford offer the following explanation about Milligan's (not quite period typical) costumes:

With regards to the actual budgets he worked with, they write:

If those numbers are correct, then a typical Milligan film might have had budget 1% the size of the estimated budget of Silent Night, Bloody Night. No wonder his movies look cheap! He seems to have been a real character.

12. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

The Milligan films appear to be back in stock at Code Red's site for those interested.

13. MrTransistor1

MrTransistor1 Member

Code Red has a blu-ray of an Italian horror movie, The Eerie Midnight Horror Show aka The Sexorcist up for sale. I have never seen this. Has anyone seen this and can they tell me is it any good?

14. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I have a budget DVD of it, and the film isn't very good. It's not terrible, but definitely average at best. It's just an Italian Exorcist clone, no more and no less.

Dobby likes this.
  15. highclassrob

highclassrob Member

Sold out. Jeez what did he post 10 copies?

16. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Probably. :bs:

17. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

They're in stock, just bought one.

18. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I watched it one time late at night in the early 80's when it was showing on Showtime "After Hours". I couldn't get into it as it didn't seem like a horror movie at all.
    However, I'm willing to give it another look because my tastes in horror movie has expanded beyond my 1970's and early 80's taste.

19. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback Kim Bruun. The book The Ghastly One really goes into great length about "Raffine" the name Milligan used to design under. I like to watch Milligan films as being in the same vein as Tennessee Williams- gothic but still somehow autobiographical. Barometrically closer in tone to the darker side of off Broadway at the time than things that were on B Movie grindhouse screens. I know I'm off topic but I'm realllly into Milligan.

20. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I ordered Messiah, Nightmare, and Butcher Baker back in late October (a $90 order) and it still hasn't arrived. I e-mailed Bill in mid November and he said everything will be shipped by that weekend, but I still never received it. I e-mailed him again earlier this week, and he never replied.

My PayPal 45 day window expires in a few days. I'd prefer not to file a claim, because if I do I know that I'd never be able to order another Code Red release. If I can get ahold of him, I think the ideal situation would be to have him refund, then replace the order to keep the PayPal protection.

Looking at the Code Red Facebook page, there are comments from other people saying that their orders from September never shipped, even further back than mine. I've ordered blu-rays and DVDs directly from him in the past and he's always come through, in most cases the shipping was even lightning fast. Should I risk it, let it go, and hope for the best... :nervous: I know the international customers are out for blood, so I'm sure their response will be "CLAIM, CLAIM, CLAIM!"

Seems like people are receiving the bundles, but not individual titles. Has anyone who ordered an individual title from the previous bundle (Messiah, Cheerleaders, etc) received it?