Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I could really go with that Poltergeist 2 blu, but alas, I don't have an extra copy of GBA to trade you :(

2. Jimmy S

Jimmy S New Member

Exactly, I've always got an excellent service from them (certainly less frustating than amazon canada when we talk of Code Red releases). This isn't different than someone who buy something, never open it and sell it on Ebay when it isn't produce anymore.

For the point of limited the number of copy purchase I don't even understand why some people critic that decision... This is exactly because of those persons who buy tons of copy that everything became OOP so fast and unavailable for the real fans and collectors. This is why we don't really have the choice anymore to pre-order like it or not.

This isn't for nothing if I pre-order most of my CR dvds from Diabolik now. I'm sure that my copy will be reserved for me contrary of what is usually the case with amazon.

3. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Your customers aren't assholes, but this guy wasn't a customer.
    Well, if the guy tried to buy something then he can be considered a customer.

If your site say there was a strict limit of 1, then I believe your site was prepared not to let orders of more than 1 to be made.

4. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

Yeah, agreed. Im so tired of this biting the hand that feeds you shit genre fans love to do. Every time I pull out one of my Barrell Entertainment DVDs I get a little sad that Necromantic and The Last House On Dead End Street are so difficult to get now. Yeah, I got mine, but I would like these titles to be a little more accessible to the new generation of fans.

IMO, Diabolik and Code Red are on our side. Shit there are a lot of easier businesses to run if it were all about the $$$$. I feel there is a love for what we love there.

5. Undeadcow

Undeadcow New Member

Can anyone list the Code Red releases with the "septic cinema" menu? I think there are 5 of them. Thanks in advance.

6. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Code Red to release Ghostkeeper!:

http://codereddvdblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/code-red-dvd-to-release-ghostkeeper.html

"the 1981 Canadian slasher film Ghostkeeper.

A trio of friends on a snowmobile trip in the Canadian Rockies become lost after venturing up a trail during a bad snowstorm. They stumble upon a seemingly abandoned hotel lodge and decide to spend the night, unaware of the grave danger that they have put themselves in.

Internet columnist Amanda By Night says, “this Canadian horror film is slasher and monster lite, but has oodles of snow and deep synthesizer sounds to keep you going. Like ‘Madman’, or more appropriately, ‘The Prey’.”

Director Jim Makichuk is on hand to create extras for this lost slasher."

7. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

Looks like Bill has changed his mind (Whats New) as he states on the thelatarniaforums "As for the re-release of GBA. Seeing the massacre in ebay the film is worth $180, I better put it out as a single release asap to meet up with the demand and forget about the double bill idea"

So looks like bill is either fighting back at these crazy sales or is talking smake once again to try and curb others profiting on his work.
    Works for me either way as long as he doesn't sell it for less then 14 bucks (what I paided). I hope he does re-release and maybe then we will see what had to be changed for sure. Unless he changes nothing, this will still be a limited recalled disc.

8. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Somebody tell Bill that the movie only reached that price on ebay because it was a recalled release.
    Surely he doesn´t this thing is gonna reach blockbuster status.

BTW, my copy arrived today... about $165 cheaper than ebay.

If Bill is gonna release this as a single, let´s see if anything is different regrding the contents.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  9. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Nice!

10. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

I'm finding the situation with Rituals very strange. Besides one retailer and even they don't list a solid release date, no other website has a listing for Rituals. Still to this day, if Bill is asked a question about Rituals he compleatly ignores it and moves away from the issue. He has not said one word, not one!, about this release and has included nothing on the CodeRed Blog.
    I said this a while back but i really don't believe this release is happening or Bill has nothing to do with this release anymore.
    Fingers crossed that I'm wrong but what is the deal with this release.

It's like I have to solve a sequence of riddles before CodeRed will take my money. Why make things so hard.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  11. highclassrob

highclassrob Member

I figure that Bill is just saying that as a way to get back at the ebay situation. A verbal sabotage if you will. Sure, GBA will eventually be re-released down the road. Be it as a double feature or fixed single release, at least I hope so.
    But I have a few questions to put out there. What exactly is the deal with Rituals? Why no response at all? It's the same way he has dealt with all the GBA recall talk. Stonewall. Why would you post in all these forums to your fans and NOT answer questions?

12. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

Ghostkeeper is pretty fucking bad.

13. highclassrob

highclassrob Member

But the fact that I've never heard of nor seen it, makes me want to check it out.

14. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It won't sell that great, even with a re-release.

God's Bloody Acre as a movie is pretty damned bad, there's no doubt about that. ...although the IMDB votes have risen from about 16 to 27 since the DVD release. :lol:

Let's face it, if the release wouldn't have been "recalled" we'd barely be talking about it here.

Dobby likes this.
  15. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

That's very true. I only jumped on this because of the recall. I've never even heard of the movie before and had no interest in picking it up until I heard about this recall.

Like most people who quickly bought a copy, I only did so because I though it may be worth something. As copies are now selling on ebay for around $200, I was right :D

16. bgart13

bgart13 New Member

Katatonia -- re:GOD'S BLOODY ACRE not a film being discussed here... You're right, not necessarily because it may be good/bad but because it's an exploitation movie that doesn't really fit in very well with the discussions I've read here at Horror Digital.

Re:RITUALS, here's links to a few sites with it (more than one):
    http://www.navarre.com/nds/catalog/item/nav/3/8047453.aspx <--That's their distributor.
    http://dvdpacific.directtoustore.co...earch=rituals&sec=title&prodid=CERD8047453DVD
    http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=1499839
    http://diabolikdvd.com/category/Horror-[sl]-Thriller/Rituals-DVD-(Code-Red)-(NTSC-Region-1).html
    http://www.importcds.com/Movies/1705409/Rituals-DVD
    http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8023452&style=movie
    http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Rituals/Hal-Holbrook/e/891978002710/?itm=1&USRI=rituals
    http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=891978002710

17. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

18. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

No way man. GhostKeeper should get more credit than that review gives it. The gore is minimal at best and yeah there's no nudity, but the atmosphere is great. The whole premise is creepy as is the actual wendigo thingy. More snow horror!

19. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

^ I agree, Ghostkeeper is great! I think it is one of Code Red's better acquisitions. I am really looking forward to this release!

20. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say it's fantastic, but yeah. Gore and nudity don't make horror films good. That's ridiculous. Ghostkeeper's power is in its atmosphere and score, which is how it should be viewed as.