Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

Why is Bill still compleatly ignoring all question about Rituals?

2. Marshall Crist

Marshall Crist New Member

I think you know why.

3. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Active Member

Another fucking code red fuck up!

I own the Mean Johnny Barrows dvd and watched it tonight, only to find out that the transfer is a pretty good one and its a good movie but that FUCKING CODE RED HAS PUT WATERMARKS on it! Fuck cmon Bill, I understand people bootleg movies but dont mess with a transfer and put watermarks on it.Do you guys have any type of Code Red contact? I noticed three marks on the film,should I be pissed or am I overreacting?

Thanks
    Sean

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_EzBQnrtQ-lo/TXMboHbXK9I/AAAAAAAAAI8/P373MiGXnYg/s640/IMAG0206.jpg

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  4. highclassrob

highclassrob Member

If he isn't commenting on it, its not coming out.

5. Marshall Crist

I already gave him a bunch of grief about the watermarks on STIGMA. I think these are the only two titles that have it--hopefully it is either a thing of the past, or has been changed to a watermark that you can't see while you are watching the movie.

6. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

First off, I never heard of Mean Johnny Barrows having watermark issues. Second, Rituals IS coming out, I heard nothing about it being cancelled. Third, if you guys just want Nightmare on DVD now just contact bill with a (nice and polite) e-mail telling him. As for the interview, the interview can still be finished and can be made as an exclusive bonus disc for Best Buy months after the DVD has been released. That could easily done right? I know how you guys feel about having a favorite movie being released on DVD (trust me, waited 2 years for Phantasm II to get to DVD after I became a phan). I thought translating the interview could easily be done and I guess I've heard otherwise. So, I guess the answer now is to have Nightmare released and have the interview on a bonus disc later on. Who agrees with me?

7. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

I for one never heard it was coming out. Bill has not said one word about it, not one.

8. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Active Member

Watermarks kill a good transfer,and he wonders why he has low sales.Stop bull shiting,release movies people wanna see,clean up the transfers more and no more watermarks.Ive seen it all now.

sean

9. FinalSora

FinalSora New Member

This is exactly what I have been saying for 3 months now. I posted about it on your site under the name LorriLives as a matter of fact.

Onto other things- I really wish Rituals would show up on Amazon. It has a listing on every other online retailer. Why not amazon? The suspense is getting annoying.

10. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I wish it would too. It's bizarre that some websites have it up for pre-order and others either don't (like Amazon) — or others (like DVDEmpire) list it as "Not Yet Available"

Then again, Code Red has always had distribution snafus.

Dobby likes this.
  11. FinalSora

FinalSora New Member

Not sure that I understand this comment, even with the 'sarcastic' emoticon. I would imagine that NIGHTMARE would sell at least 2000-3000 copies. It's become very well-known in recent years.

12. FinalSora

FinalSora New Member

Yeah, until it shows up on Amazon I will have doubts. I really want to get my pre-order in.

13. FinalSora

FinalSora New Member

I also cannot understand why anyone would hound Romano Scavolini about NIGHTMARE'S release. He has nothing to do with the decision making regarding the release.

14. bgart13

bgart13 New Member

Just because Amazon doesn't have RITUALS listed doesn't mean it's not being released. Synapse has releases that aren't listed there, so why does CR have to have all of their titles for sale on Amazon? They are not the be-all, end-all of online retailers (and don't take that the wrong way -- I use them more than any other online store for movies).

15. Marshall Crist

True in as much as I do not expect to see the James Bryan triple feature available through Amazon, but my gut tells me RITUALS is fucked, for now, anyway.

16. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

We never said that it wasn't being released, just that it was odd not yet being listed at Amazon and some other retailers. Amazon are after all the biggest such online retailer, and any studio looking to make money from sales would almost certainly want it listed on their website to order.

I still very much hope that it does indeed come out. I've been waiting forever for this one...

Dobby likes this.
  17. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Except I don't think Best Buy is selling Code Red DVD's anymore. Maybe they still offer them through their website but I haven't seen a Code Red (or any indie DVD label) on Best Buy's shelves in over a year. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

18. FinalSora

FinalSora New Member

Bill-

I saw your response over at Latarnia, don't have an account there to post.

My 'guesstimate' regarding Nightmare sales was just a conservative guess off the top of my head, taking into account prior sales figures, the economy etc.- I HOPE THAT IT SELLS like crazy and that you get a good return for your investment. Code Red definitely deserves it.

Ben-

I own 44 code red titles and they were all purchased from the Amazon site, hell, they already have TERROR CIRCUS/SCHOOLGIRLS IN CHAINS pre-listed there and that doesn't come out until May. I hope Rituals makes it's debut in April as much as the next guy, but the fact that it still isn't listed is indeed odd.

Looking forward to getting the Encounters With The Unknown double feature disc in the mail this Tuesday!

19. tropical marsh

tropical marsh Member

It's doubtful. If Code Red was fairly sure that Nightmare would sell anywhere near that amount of copies--it would've already been released. I mean, we're talking about an obscure slasher getting put out by CR here. Major chain retailers don't stock CR DVD's, so it's not like a casual horror fan will ever come across it unless they do a little digging. Only the hardiest of horror fans are anticipating this one.

Despite that, it's still mystifying that Nightmare remains unreleased--I guess Bill thinks the wait will help sales?? :confused:

20. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

Worst Buys horror section is laughably the worst they suck!