Anyone know the status on these 3 Horror Movies?

Discussion in 'General' started by Richard Anthony, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Richard Anthony

Richard Anthony Member

Does anyone know if these 3 Horror Movies are coming out on DVD?

LEFT FOR DEAD(With Danielle Harris)--It looks like a Great 80'S Style Horror Slasher Movie!! I Love Slashers and I Love Danielle Harris!!

THE BLACK WATERS OF ECHO'S POND--It looks like a Fun Horror Movie and again it has Danielle Harris in it and the Very Sexy Micrea Monroe.

ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE--I am sure most Horror Fans know about this Movie!!

So, any News on these? I would love to get them all on DVD!! Hopefully they are coming out very soon!! In time for Halloween!!

2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

You picked some semi obscure movies here. Two of them are already about 4 years old, so I wouldn't hold your breath. Maybe look for foreign releases or torrents.

Good luck.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

last i heard the director of MANDY LANE said the usa finally has landed a distributor but some details still has to be worked out

4. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

The Black Waters of Echo's Pond already came out in theaters, earlier this year. I don't know the status of the home video release.

5. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

All the Boys Love Mandy Lane is out on BD and DVD in the UK. They're both dirt cheap too. I believe a few other countries, including Australia, have this movie as well.

6. Saint

Saint New Member

The Weinstein Company own the rights to All The Boys Love Mandy Lane. That's why it's still not out. They snap up great foreign films then cut them to shit and not release them for years. I really hate those guys.

Don't know anything about the other two.

7. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

Instead of opening another thread, has anyone heard anything lately about the Poughkeepsie Tapes? I saw a trailer for it in the theater what seemed like years ago and haven't really heard anything since.

8. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

I happen to know one of the producers of THE BLACK WATERS OF ECHO'S POND, so I can give you a little info. The film was given a limited theatrical release this past spring and, unfortunately, performed well below expectations. The producers did the theatrical release through a company that is in the business of hiring themselves out to independent filmmakers and, for a fee, putting the film into theaters. I don't know this for a fact, but I believe that they probably lost money on the theatrical release.

Don't know why the film hasn't appeared on home video yet, except that the company they used for the theatrical release doesn't do DVD and they need or needed to find another company willing to release it. That being said, the film, while certainly not a classic (I attended its premiere and heard the director/producers talk about all the crazy re-shooting and re-editing that they did on it), is good enough that there are plenty of DVD companies who specialize in this type of movie who would gladly snap it up if given the chance.