Anyone own Fangoria Poster Magazine #1?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cooperkill, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Well-Known Member

I picked up a cop of Fangoria Poster Magazine #1. The posters were all there, but they weren't fastened to the magazine. To stay as true to the original publication as possible, I was hoping someone could tell me which order the posters are grouped together so that I know how to reconnect them as they once were.

I know it's nitpicky, but if you can help that would be cool.

2. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Here are some of the offshoots of Fangoria. I have the first five issues of the Poster Magazine. I've still got two more boxes of Fangoria to go through so may have more to post.

Fangoria Horror Spectacular #1.JPG Fangoria Horror Video #1.JPG Fangoria Postcards.JPG Fangoria Poster Magazine #1.JPG Fangoria The Bloody Best of #1.JPG Fangoria's Best Horror Films.JPG

Cooperkill likes this.
  3. Cooperkill

I have 'em all. I have every single Fangoria and Gorezone, including the pain-in-the-ass double covers they've been putting out recently. OCD is a hell of a thing.

baggio, buck135 and russweiss like this.
  4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

For a second there I thought russweiss's 10 year bump was going to do a, "better late than never," and pull through but instead just showed off a bit of their own collection.
    [​IMG]

;)

Did you get to order your poster mag correctly Cooperkill?

Cooperkill likes this.
  5. russweiss

I just photographed a box of Fangoria Magazines today and this post seemed to fit with what I was going for. Since the post was so old I didn't even consider that Cooperkill may still need the information. If he does I can go through my issue and give the info.

Cooperkill likes this.
  6. Cooperkill

I did not get the posters in order. Ten years later, almost to the day, they're still in the order of how that arrived unattached. So russweiss, if you can explain what order they go in that would be great!

7. russweiss

There isn't any easy way for me to explain the order of the posters so I took pictures. The first thing I found interesting is that the posters start upside down with Motel Hell. American Werewolf is inside the Motel Hell poster. The Fly/Re-Animator poster is inside the Nightmare on Elm Street 3 poster. Day of the Dead is inside the next page. Fright Night is inside the final page. I know they are double sided so some of the images aren't visible when they are left in the magazine. Unfortunately you will probably still have to play a bit to put the puzzle together but if you are able to duplicate these images in this order you will get the issue back to the way it belongs. Hope this helped.

DSCN5676.JPG DSCN5677.JPG DSCN5678.JPG DSCN5679.JPG DSCN5680.JPG

Cooperkill and X-human like this.
  8. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

[​IMG]

9. Cooperkill

Awesome, thanks! I really appreciate it.

10. russweiss

Let me know how it worked out. Even with the magazine in front of me I was having a hard time with the layout.