Arrow Releasing Demons & Demons 2 On Blu!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by SaviniFan, Jan 27, 2012.

1. maniac666

maniac666 New Member

Thx!!I never ordered from the UK,but i guess it's pretty safe since it's Amazon.45$ for both,that's a good deal!!

2. cjg

cjg Active Member

Is it cheaper to order from Amazon UK ?

3. killit

killit Active Member

Yeah, I agree. It was just weird with the six pound difference between 1&2 (insert demons 2 joke here). I had a horribly long shipping experience with amazon uk years ago plus international bank abd conversion fees BUT Ive heard nothing but good feedback about shipping times and they have this new built in currency converter that supposedly charges us in whatever currency our native card uses thus no bank fees. The DVDs are only 9.99 each too, pretty good deal but I have to try to the blues , really hope the elements were worth the wait. I NEVER buy optical media anymore (except for gifts, files seem so cheap lol) so I'm pretty excited to get these.

4. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Yeah Amazon UK has always been great...sucks I cannot order from them anymore. My bank blocks all access from foreign transactions. If I want to purchase an out of country item, I have to call my bank in which they will lift the block for 24 hours. After that time period, it resumes being blocked until I call again.

I had a bunch of pre orders too. I have had to resort to using Diabolik DVD, which is good, but their prices are kind of high and their stock goes quick.

5. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

My experience has always been good with Amazon UK, generally I get my stuff in 1 - 2 weeks and there are rarely issues unless they're with the postal service itself. I did have one package from a 3rd party seller not show up but they gave me an instant refund as soon as I finished filling out the claim form. I might actually put that towards these.

6. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

After Arrow´s past with their Italian movie releases I will not pre-order this... I need at least two good reviews to convince me otherwise.

Better to have a good upscale DVD than a bad blu-ray.

7. maniac666

maniac666 New Member

Yeah but the Demons and Demons 2 dvd from Anchor Bay are like 10 years old and they look pretty bad on my 52'inch!So i think anything will be better!!:D

8. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

both demons and demons 2 were rereleased on dvd from anchor bay a few years ago with better transfers i think 2007

9. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

The packaging on Arrow releases tend to be so good that even if the transfers are mediocre, I will be happy and also have a reason to buy the North American versions as well - whenever they get a release.

10. killit

killit Active Member

Yeah, the comics and commentaries and cool packaging and hi def sold me. Perhaps not just one but with all I can't resist

11. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Same here. Although Arrow is a bit behind the competition transfer-wise (not counting what appears to be a horrible transfer for Tenebre), I love the packaging and extras. I've got 5 of their blus with another on the way. I'm sure if Demons and Demons 2 aren't totally screwed in the video department, they will be an easy buy as well.

12. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Yes they were... and both prints are beautiful.

Demons is at a price that justifies some people to do that, but the price for Demons 1 doesn´t jutify the buy solely for the package.

Did you also order their shitty release of "Bird" or "Tenebre" just for the package?

13. killit

killit Active Member

Is english not your native tongue I clearly state multiple reasons why I'm buying the discs. If it's not you might want to watch your language you come off like a troll.

14. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Both Demons were childhood favourites and I haven't watched them in years (sold the 2 pack years ago), so they are different to me than Bird or Tenebre which I have watched more recently and I already own in dvd form. Frankly, I found the BU Blu of Bird to be too grainy. I also read reviews and know I am not alone. I understand that grain is part of the detail, but if the Bird Blu is indicative of a good HD transfer, then clearly not all films benefit from the HD treatment. My opinion.

15. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

For you to call me a Troll it´s because you know what you´re talking about.

I write fast and don´t have time to put up with your shit... :fuck:

What I meant was...

"Demons 2 is at a price that justifies some people to do that, but the price for Demons 1 doesn´t jutify the buy solely for the package."

16. killit

killit Active Member

You still make no sense, you need to read what you quoted from me and since you have such little time how about you never quote or respond to me again. Also I have a pretty strong feeling no one cares AT ALL what you think justifies the purchase they make and since you have such little time and all... And in response to your :fuck: no thank you

17. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Good English on your part too...

If you´re facing my post as some negative thing about this release, then it´s your problem because I never put down this release.

If nobody cares what I write, then you´re on the same team as probably nobody cares what you write either. If your opinions are valuable and you can´t accept some negative remarks, it´s your problem. You know, in every positive thing, there´s always a negative side. And in every negative thing, there´s always a positive side.

It´s funny to judge other people´s English in a thread regarding a movie that was recorded mainly in Italian... and then dubbed fully in Italian and English.

And if I´m a Troll solely for the fact that English is not my main language, then I would love to see you speak my main language...

18. killit

killit Active Member

Look this is becoming a bitch fest. There is nothing wrong with my English, I'm the occasional victim of iPhone spell check but I'm a writer by profession. I was annoyed you misquoted me and then ridiculed me for buying something for the packaging because a. I listed FOUR reasons why I bought the discs and every single reason is based on ACTUAL SPECS and you're reason is based soley on speculation of a bad transfer.

And b. I think it's rude the way you insinuated that I or x666x buy "shitty" releases just for packaging. Trust me and if I did there would be nothing wrong with that.

I was not trying to insult you. You were trying to insult me and wrongly so. I asked if English was your main language because I didn't want to come down too hard on you if you just simply misunderstood me.
    I think you think I'm making fun of you, I was just trying to grant you a possible reason to explain yourself

19. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

20. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Look, if I have to forgive your occasional mistake in English due to the fact you´re using spell check, then you sure can forgive the fact when I say I write fast.

I never misquoted or ridiculed you. Just take a look at my post because it´s only a few pages. I only asked questions or gave straight facts, that In my opinion are valid arguments, nothing more. How can I ridicule someone for buying a DVD/Blu-Ray just for the packaging when I just bought CO´s Inferno for 35€? I already have 2 editions of Inferno.

In the remark for "x666x", I simply stated, that for me, given the movie in question and for it´s actual price, it´not justifiable. And in your case, I just asked if you bought Arrow´s "Bird" or "Tenebre" shitty releases (don´t get me wrong but they are indeed shitty in the A/V department) just for the package. I plan to buy "Bird" or "Tenebre" solely for the extras.

Lets get one thing straight. I never insulted you, before you insulted me. You were the one that called me a "troll" just for the fact that English was not my main language, and that´s a very negative thing to others If you´re a writer by profession. You even assumed that nobody read my posts, and that´s fine, nobody has to read them.

No, English is not my main language, Portuguese is. Then I speak and write Spanish, French English, Italian and some German. Speaking is easy than writing, but other than German, I can say that my writing is good in the other languages.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012