Arrow Releasing Demons & Demons 2 On Blu!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by SaviniFan, Jan 27, 2012.

1. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

PQ is very good indeed, What struck me was how dated the whole thing seems, Sounds odd as my favourite era is 70's Cinema but with the dodgy 80's soundtrack and folks running round in cut off wife beaters lol....Class :D

2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

anchor bay should take notice and see all the buzz about the Arrow blu's and release them here in the states now is the time!

3. killit

killit Active Member

here here! with vintage artwork please and the us and euro dubs!

4. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

The "House by the Cemetery" and "Forbidden Zone" Blu-Rays has also been pushed forward to May 21th due to the printers fucking up the slipcases, so it´s not a plot to sell more steelbooks ;)

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  5. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Yes it is!
    With House by the Cemetery, the unlimited edition will be out on time.
    Not a problem for me because I favor the unlimited edition over the limited ones.
    Sure, you miss on some cover options but gain an extra dvd version of the movie and a normal case instead of the splipcases that get "loose" with time.

6. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

for any of you guy in the US/Canada looking to purchase this, make sure you have got a region free blu ray fplayer irst, i thought they may be advertised as region locked but really be region free, but i have checked and unfortuantely they are region B locked.

7. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

just checking the prints out now, checked out demons, had a quick flick through, print seems good, happy with what i have seen, just put in demons 2 and a message comes up before the film starts - 'Demons 2 was restored in High Definition by L'Immagine Ritrovata using the original film negative. As such this release represents this film in the highest quality presentation possible. However, at four brief points during the film, the picture for Demons 2 becomes highly unstable. This is due to an original camera fault, which was responsible for filming these sequences in this way. For whatever reason, these faults were never corrected at the time of production and were consequently printed into the finished film. These sequences, although very short, have proven impossible to improve through digital means, Therefore, we are presenting Demons 2 as per the original release, with these issues intact.'

I have not watched the film yet, so can't comment on these issues, it has been a long time since a saw the original release but i don't remember any problems with the print, anybody here watched this yet and can comment on the noted 'issues'.

8. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

so i have looked a bit more into the disc and i have found one of the unstable scenes, it comes about 28 mins through and it's sally's parents eating at the outdoor market and the father moaning, the print does become quite unstable with some noticable shaking, i have the old dvd release so checked that sequence and it's fine, the footage seems to be taken from another angle (same scene and spoken lines), but with no problems, why did they not just use the stable footage instead? can't comment on the other sections yet as not found, will post more when i have more

9. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

10. fart_mike

fart_mike New Member

very interesting about the shaky bit left in...anyone who has the imperial vhs of demons 2 knows the deal, this part is on the tape, shaking when sally's dad is complaining about eating slop while sally gets to party...

11. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

12. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Awesome comparison. It really shows how much better the bluray is over the dvd.
    I got my steelbook last week and thought the picture looked great. The intermission in the first Demons is done in such a clever way that you barely notice it. The unstable scenes in Demons 2 though are more questionable.
    For anyone wondering, they happen in all the outdoor scenes to do with the subplot that has nothing to do with the rest of the film.

13. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

are there any hints that this might hit R1 blu-ray anytime soon?

14. Katatonia

Nope, not yet. I seem to remember somebody posting on here somewhere recently that they'd even contacted Anchor Bay, and they seemed uninterested in releasing them in the near future.

15. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

For those of you who are region free, I have to recommend the Arrow blurays. I watched both from my Steelbook set and they were quite stunning. Just beautiful. Same with the actual packaging.

16. Katatonia

Same here, they're both quite impressive transfers. I love the SteelBook set... I just would have loved it more if Arrow would have included the comic. :(

17. Zombie Dude

Same here. I wanted that comic but the steelbook was cheaper and more limited so I went with that. Apart from no comic it's awesome.

18. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

I ordered the steelbook from Amazon UK but I won't get it until next month because I also ordered the ROTLD BD and chose to have both delivered at the same time. I don't even have a region-free player yet so there's no hurry. I gotta say, though, I'm not terribly impressed with those DVD Beaver screenshots - why do the caps for the Blu look so washed out and dark compared to the DVDs? The new transfers are getting mostly praise so I'm confident these will look great but, still - yikes!

19. Zombie Dude

It's mentioned in the review that the dvds most likely had colour enhancements to make them look better due to the limitations of dvd. So the blu is most likely more true in colour to what was originally intended.

20. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

I sent an email to Anchor Bay inquiring about Demons on blu-ray after hearing that the Arrow releases would be region locked and I remember being told that Anchor Bay no longer holds the rights to releasing the Demons films.