Ash Vs. Evil Dead (TV Series)

Discussion in 'General' started by Workshed, Jul 25, 2014.

1. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

That's a shame as I've enjoyed it, can't say series 3 looked great from the trailer but it's been fun. You know it gonna end on a cliff hanger which with this news will be even more annoying.

I had heard that the ratings have not been as good, I wonder why that is? Maybe people have had enough or may aring in February instead of October is the reason?

Who knows, it could not go on indefinitely, but it would have been nice if they could have done a final series so they could give it a proper ending/send off.

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

That would be a great idea. I know many people who don't have Starz and didn't see the show until it was added to NetFlix.

3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

The show was pretty hit and miss for me. I'd rather see Ash a little smarter in his old age and not dumber than the Army of Darkness version.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  4. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

fceurich39 likes this.
  5. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Same here will be getting the 3rd season on bluray as well hopefully it won't take lionsgate forever to release it.

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Usually when it's the final season, it goes to disc pretty quickly. Or never (Scream Queens).

fceurich39 likes this.
  7. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

The second season is Scream Queens was particularly bad, though. I'd imagine a lot of people would only rewatch the first season.

I really like S3 of Ash. Don't know what the general sentiment on this is though since it is getting cancelled. But I agree that it probably has to do with people not subscribing to the channel. This reality killed a few shows already.

8. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

In lieu of the news, and in response to fans calling on Netflix to save the series, Bruce Campbell announced he has retired as Ash.

Attached Files:

9. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

This goes back to the cutting if the cable thread. I support my programming by purchasing the blu-ray's. I have Netflix and Hulu, but not cable. HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, plus sports just adds up to be too much money. I'll buy season three as I did the first two.

10. Dave

Dave Pimp

We got what? 900 more minutes of Evil Dead mayhem? It wasn't all great but it was a fun ride. No complaints here.

rxfiend and sade like this.
  11. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I guess I'm part of the problem too, since despite being a pretty big fan of the show, I still have 4 or 5 unwatched episodes piled up on the DVR. I finally finished season 2 just a few weeks ago. So, along those lines, were the Ashy Slashy puppets from Neca ever reasonably priced, or were they always $100+ (and obviously much more now)?

12. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Well-Known Member

I really don't think Starz was the best format for the series in regards to promoting and selling. They did a great job letting Tapert, Raimi and Campbell do their thing with no interference, but when it comes to distribution... not so much.

I buy every season of AvED on BD with no issue. But I'm not gonna wait a year to do so, so yes, I download the episodes online as they are broadcast. I'd be just as happy to PAY for each episode as it becomes availible, but I have no way of doing that either. If I was living in the US I Would've subscribed to Starz to keep this thing alive, but in the UK there's not many avenues of support aside from home video. Sad, but true.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  13. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

You could have subscribed to virgin media, they have the exclusive UK rights and have been transmitting each episode a day of the US airing, this is have I've been watching all the series.

Workshed likes this.
  14. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Wow, did not know that--have not seen it advertised anywhere here. Any idea if Virgin Media has a PS4 app?

15. Dave

Dave Pimp

Does anyone think Bruce would actually retire if the money was there for him to reprise it? No way.

16. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Exactly. Same as Robert Englund with Freddy.

17. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

I would love a 3-4 episode wrap-up, since I assume the cancellation was unexpected. Hopefully Netflix has seen a lot of action on the first two seasons since they started streaming them...?

18. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Well-Known Member

I can't get Virgin out in the sticks where I live unfortunately. Besides, they may have done that this season (which is great), but the first two seasons were waay behind weren't they?

19. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

No for series two and three each episode was available a day after US airing, series one they started transmitting it after the first 6 episodes had aired but they had all 6 available straight away so you could binge and the rest were available a day after US airing.

20. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I haven't started watching the new season yet but I heard the news of the cancellation. I remember the news of the changes that happened at the end of last season. Sounds like viewers were down this season. I guess I might have to start watching soon. I'll check to see when they are pulling it from viewing.