Botched (2007)

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Hellbilly, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

[​IMG]

The Russian answer to Hatchet? ;)

Partly amusing comedic killer-romp with a goofy slasher-silhouette. Moments of splatter-y gore paired with more or less entertaining campy acting. I wasn't always down with this silly thriller, but it's ok for a rental.

2. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Wait! This is like Hatchet? I really dug Hatchet, so this one is that good?!

3. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

It's not really like Hatchet but sort of. As in a crazed killer swinging the axe. Hatchet is definetely the better movie though.

4. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Ah ok. I think I'll hold off on this one for a while then.

5. Night Creep

Night Creep Guest

Just watched this last night. Holy shit! It's awesome! I'm just cried from laugh when I watch Botched:lol: It's really work in ways like Hatchet. I mean the movie has a bunch of overtypical characters like good guy, cool girl or macho-man and of course grotesque style killer. And all that goes on in movie goes on in ironical ways.

6. Clayton

Clayton New Member

I just recently watched it and liked it quite alot, and I was surprised, as I'm surprised by anything being good with stephen dorff in it!

7. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

I just watched this and loved it! If Hatchet is better, I'll have to see that soon.

8. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

Just saw Hatchet - I didn't like it - I don't think it was half as well done as Botched. I mean, it had its moments, and some good gore effects, but wasn't as funny, stylish (visually) or smartly written (in my opinion).

9. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

I bought this DVD used for $3.68 as a blind buy. I would not compare it with HATCHET, but maybe THE COTTAGE if anything. The 2 movies shared common themes. Hostages, comedy, slashers, and gore. BOTCHED was not as good as The Cottage, but was fairly entertaining with a couple of chuckles in there. The gore was plentiful, but cartoonish. I got my money's worth, and i would definitely recommend it as a rental. The Alpha Male was very funny. And the rat was great.

10. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Had the DVD, but never got around to watching it. Finally gave it a spin. What a bizarre movie. It's quirky and has decent gore, but the plot is a real head-scratcher. Basically, there's a trio of thieves on a heist in a tall building, who take a group of people hostage in the elevator. They get off on the 13th floor (which doesn't exist, as per superstition), and from there they are stalked and dispatched by historical figure Ivan The Terrible. Points for originality, but seriously: WTF?

Not bad, but not a must-see either. Strange movie. The Cottage is better.