Bride of Re-Animator OOP?

Discussion in 'General' started by DVDBone, Apr 12, 2002.

1. DVDBone

DVDBone Member

I just checked the Image Entertainment website (www.image-entertainment.com) and a bunch of Pioneer DVDs are now listed as out of print. There are a few titles that I might want to pick up (Bride of Re-Animator, Lair of the White Worm, & Parents), but will wait off if they will be re-released shortly. I know that the Pioneer DVD of Gothic went out of print a few months ago, but Artisan quickly released a new version. Does anyone know if this will be the case with these DVDs as well? It seems that all of the titles I have listed below were released jointly by both Artisan and Pioneer so my guess is that Artisan will re-release them shortly (probably with the exact same features as the old disks). I would just hate to be wrong and not buy them now only to have them go OOP for good.

Here is the list of Pioneer DVDs that Image now shows as discontinued:

- Bride of Re-Animator
    - Ghoulies 2
    - Lair of the White Worm
    - Nadja
    - Parents
    - Rawhead Rex
    - Shadow Zone: The Undead Express

What do you all think? Should I buy the titles that I want now or should I wait to see if they are re-released by Artisan? My main concern is waiting too long and then having to pay E-Bay prices for the ones I want.

2. Serega_M

Serega_M Member

:)

heh, yea - these titles may be re-released by Artisan soon. But - don't you afraid of their recent P&S ONLY practice? ) Imagine to see Lair of the White Worm in glorious P&S! Freaky... }:>

I have managed to buy the LAST copy of Lair of the White Worm from my e-tailer and I do not regret it :)

3. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Good thing I already have Bride. I ditched my copy of Rawhead Rex, and I've got Ghoulies 2. I wouldnt mind picking up Parents though, as i dug that movie way back when.

4. CrumpsBro

CrumpsBro Guest

I'm a big fan of <b>Parents</b>, as well, and nabbed a copy of the Pioneer DVD off of Half.com awhile back for a good price.

Word of warning, though; it's pan & scan :(

Hey, does that mean that Artisan will release their version in widescreen?! :p

5. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I'd pick up Bride right now, just in case. The dvd is very well done, with great extras and the choice of widescreen/full frame. This does make anamorphic impossible, but you can use the subtitle button to change formats while the movies playing!
    The Rawhead Rex dvd couldn't be any worse, so wait on that if interested at all. Then again, I'm sure it's not on top of the re-issue list, and might not be seen again on region 1 dvd.