Burial Ground coming to Blu 6/11!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by eric_angelus, Mar 7, 2011.

1. marlboro_man

marlboro_man New Member

I agree. I just got the BD and compared it to the DVD version. The DVD is a blurry mess with tons of compression artifacts. The BD is problematic but it is still a significant upgrade over the DVD.
    Check out this screenshot comparison of BD vs. DVD: http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/71456. The BD looks much more film-like.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  2. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Based on those comparisons I would definitely prefer the Blu - no doubt. I'll take the intense RGB speckles over that muddy/blurry crap. Glad I got it.

3. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I was happy with this disc. Got it cheap at a con a couple weeks ago. It was far from perfect, but not at all the abomination some have said it was. I did notice the bit with the maid, but it seemed more like the audio being off to me (the music cue starts before you see the gore). I compared the two versions and honestly could not tell a major difference other than that. Maybe a second or two? I would have not noticed at all if it had not been brought up.

4. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

It's funny a people accuse the old DVD of being muddy, blurry, murky, whatever. You should've seen what we had to contend with for about two decades with the old VHS release! :lol:

5. Mutilated Prey

Yeah, I can only imagine. I rented the VHS waaay back in the day, but really have no recollection of it's quality.

6. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

It was daaaaaaark. In the scene at the beginning when the Professor meets the zombies down in the catacombs you couldn't make out a damned thing.

7. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Those were the days ;)

Back then we could watch even the most blurry 10th generation copy, as long as it was uncut, and still enjoy it. And all it took was an 21 inch telly and a mono VHS player.

Life was simple back then, and I wish I still was that easy to please with the quality. This damn High Def hobby has turned me into a monster ;)

8. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

simple maybe , but am I the only one who had a hell of a time finding and getting ahold titles? don't miss that but yeah...........ancient bad VHS copies were a treasured thing in my youth

9. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

If you had the connections, it wasn´t that hard to get a bootleg.
    Original copies though was a bit harder, but that was also the fun back then, finally hunting down an ex-rental of an rare uncut copy of an old italian movie.
    It became a priced jewel in the collection that friends was in awe of.

The thrill of the hunt is gone these days, as it is almost too easy to find everything on disc or online ;)

10. Mutilated Prey

I watched the Blu last night and thought it looked much better than all the negative reviews/thoughts seem to portray. Yeah, it's not perfect by any means, but certainly a worthy upgrade. Michael loves his Mommy :nervous:

11. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

I knew the owner of our mom & pop video store & he let me raid the shelves of the horror section & let me buy them from him.

12. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Blu-ray.com who are usually pretty good with their reviews seemed to have given it a pretty favourable review.

http://ca.blu-ray.com/movies/Burial-Ground-Blu-ray/21328/#Review

I sold off my DVD before I picked this up so it's too late for me either way, but I'm sure even if it's not the best transfer, it is still the best way to watch the film so for $11 I can't complain too much.

13. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

I watched this last night and was very happy with it.I didn't find it too grainy,only in a few spots and I could not hear the buzzing at all.

I believe the outtakes reel was a new feature I don't remember it being on the DVD.It was nice to see something new added.

14. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I'll probably still get it. I remember seeing this movie when I was around nine. My mom rented a lot of horror back when I was a kid. No wonder I'm so fucked up now.

15. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

?

Your mom would rent stuff like this? That is awesome. Good for her...and you!

16. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Must have been the times or something cause my mother did that too.

17. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

She rented a lot of stuff, but this is one of the ones that always stuck with me. I also remember another fucked up movie called The Abomination. And another of my favorites from back then is Humongous. And I remember my mom telling me I had nightmares about the pencil scene from Evil Dead. I swear there's another movie I remembered, and I've asked about it in the general forum a couple times, but nobody knows what it is. I've always thought it was an actual movie, but who knows. Maybe it's a figment of my imagination.