Cabin Fever: Unrated Director's Cut 02/16/10

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Hellbilly, Dec 9, 2009.

1. droidguy1119

droidguy1119 Guest

At the very least I can promise you that Rider Strong's participation in Cabin Fever 2 was definitely shot for Cabin Fever 2. He even mentions on the Blu-Ray Cabin Fever commentary how Lionsgate still had his actual wardrobe from the original.

2. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

This is what I love about this technology. No need to wait for a corrected version or swap discs in the mail. I picked up mine today and the transfer is amazing, btw. :glasses:

3. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

Watched it tonight, Noticed a few new bits, Nothing major. Yeah, The transfer is awesome.

4. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Just checked my local Wal-Mart. The guy said they didn't have any and that I was the second one to ask. I called another Wal-Mart but I just got some strange dial tone. I'll just stop by the local one tomorrow on my way home from my internship.

5. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Man am I glad I didn't buy part 2.
    The first looks great in HD.

6. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Me too. The first 3/4 of it was pretty cool, but once you get to the end where the studio tampering is evident, it takes such a fucking nose dive that I can't justify buying it. I'll wait until Ti West's original cut is released to buy it.

7. droidguy1119

droidguy1119 Guest

As well as fixing the vertical stretch, I would hope. Hard to watch that DVD.

8. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

OMG that sucks so bad to hear that! Thank you for the heads up, avoid!

9. marcx

marcx Active Member

Watched CF2 this last night and had a lot of with it. Some good gore, giggles, and a couple of jolts. It's nopwhere near the quality of the original but it is fun..

The tacked on end part seemed a lot shorter than everyone is making out...does anyone know of a good article on Ti West's experience on this?

By the way I had wartjced the CF blu the night before--nice to finally have the director's cut and the blu-ray presentation, ehile not top of the line, was still quite nice....

10. droidguy1119

droidguy1119 Guest

11. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I think the film still warrants a rent for the awesomeness of the first 3/4. It's really a lot of gory and gross fun, but I'm definitely going to hold off until a proper Director's Cut is released with the horrid ending removed and whatever else was cut from West's version put back in. If that never happens, then I guess I probably won't ever own it.

12. Queen B

Queen B Guest

Maybe it was my extremely low expectations, but I enjoyed Spring Fever. Sure the animation is of the shitty Flash variety and the tacked on ending is more vomit-enducing than any gore sequence in the 70 minutes that preceeded it, but the film's got a frat boyish, unadulterated charm that wrings true with the spirit of Roth's original (and I didn't even like that film to begin with).

13. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Active Member

Maryann(my fiance) and I liked CF2 alot.It was fun,gory and the characters are likable.The movie seemed short but it was fun and it kept my attenion for the fulltime.I will buy Ti Wests version if its released.

sean

14. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

The animation (at least the animation at the beginning, which really rung of classic late night MTV) didn't bother me. It was that shitty last ten minutes that was just so horrible. And you can totally see a shift in the quality of animation between the beginning and the end.

15. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I enjoyed the sequel for the most part, though it really felt nothing at all like the original. Even the Deputy Winston scenes felt a bit different in tone, aside from the sequence where he's talking to the water company's night watchman. There were some moments that cracked me up, the aforementioned scene and it's climax being two such examples. It was also interesting seeing two guys who played memorable psychos in two other genre titles (Deadgirl and The Lost, respectively) as rivals in this. Segan in particular seems to be playing the exact part his Deadgirl co-star played in that film. Anyway, there didn't seem to be much continuity between the effects of the virus in the original and what we see in this one. There is some pretty nasty and over-the-top stuff, though. Most characters were OTT too. I wish the film had spent more time with Lindsey Axelsson (Sandy, the prom queen). She was yummy and had one of the film's more amusing moments.
    She didn't even get an onscreen death scene!
    I also agree that the last ten minutes had a tacked on feel, and I didn't like the final cartoon bit in the least.

Anyway, fun stuff overall. I would like to see the original cut, but doubt LG will release it. It took them forever to release the DC of the first.

16. philxus

philxus New Member

Do the second part of CF is available in Blue-Ray? today i went to every Best Buy,Walmart And Target around here and they just had the first part BR that i already bought it in Walmart for $10.00:confused:

17. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

if u mean part 2 then no it is only available on dvd for now

18. philxus

philxus New Member

Oh!,Thanks, im going to have to get the dvd then:(

19. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The Cabin Fever Blu-ray looks quite good, and the unrated cut flows far better than the rated cut of the film.

The sequel was a mixed bag, and I'm sure glad I rented it first. The cut did seem too short and rushed. I liked most of the film until the rather abrupt ending which was...blah.

20. dvdfan

dvdfan Member

I picked this up over the weekend. I'm wondering how do they plan on fixing this with BD Live when the disc does not support it?