Christine Blu-ray: Twilight Time March 2013 Official Thread

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by buck135, Sep 24, 2012.

1. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

But, if a title would to still sell out in a few hours with that limit, it would be even more in demand. If less than 3000 people wanted Fright Night, the prices would be coming down now, but they continue to rise proving more than 3K want it, many willing to pay $200! Maybe there weren't 3K people who really wanted Night of the Living Dead 90, but I think it's safe to say more than that want Fright Night and Christine.

Taking away the limit is gonna lead to bad shit. Some rich fuck will eventually buy all or as many as they can get to open their own ebay and amazon stores. Once that happens I will wash my hands of TT, so far I haven't been shut out so I'm not raging pissed like many others, but I see bad shit in the future with these practices and comments from them.

2. deepred

deepred Member

That is why I think they really need to address the issue instead of ignore it. More and more horror fans will find out about TT and the demand will only grow. I am sure plenty of people who pick up the new Horror Hound (w/ Christine on the cover), will be learning about TT for the 1st time and will be ready for the next release!

If they were smart, they'd be pursuing more horror titles and getting contracts set up w/ Sony for larger limited prints or just put the "2" limit on horror titles. Instead, they seem content to spit in the fan's face. .

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

:fucked: Wow, that's really...lame. SA/TT may as well have just said "Fuck You" to everybody else and handed them to the ebay scalpers.

I got mine in the mail today.

Christine looks quite good in HD... but The Fury looks outstanding. There's a healthy layer of natural grain and a ton of detail to be seen. It's a huge upgrade over the old DVD.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  4. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

That's a whole lot of "ifs". It's the chicken or the egg argument. Do more than 3000 people really want Christine in their collection, or do they only want Christine because they perceive them to be in demand? From what I gauge from what I've read in this and other threads online there's a whole lot of the latter going on. Otherwise why on Earth would anybody seriously bother with buying more than one copy? It's ridiculous.

5. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

LoL...and another TT release brings more horror movie nerd drama.

This company sure thrives on creating its share of plublicity...I guess its working though.

6. bigdaddyhorse

Right now we're probably both right. More bought to re-sell than keep I'd bet, but once word gets out that this disc exists, then the number of people who actually want it will rise above 3K. I'm almost positive the same happened with Fright Night. Right now word may not have reached 3000 fans, but there's more than 3K fans out there who would want it on blu if they knew. I bought a couple extra to resell this time, and hopefully protect the shipment. Lots of crushed bubble mailers this round reported on blu-ray, I'm hoping I get a box for my 3. I plan to keep one, shelf one for a couple years then sell and get all my TT releases free, and one for a special trade or gift to be determined. Call me a scalper if you must, but I could've ordered 10 and didn't.:)

7. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

"Wouldn't license them extras" is very different than "wouldn't allow extras".

8. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Got to agree with maybrick. I only wanted Christine because it was in demand. I don't LOVE the film and never owned the DVD. But I bought 1, not 67.

~Matt

9. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

Still waiting for my copy of Christine & The Fury to ship. Gettin' pissed off now waiting :sleepy:

10. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

I think there are more than 3,000 fans of Christine on the planet. It's more a question of wether there are 3,000 fans of Christine willing to shell out 30 bucks for the blu-ray? Honestly, if this was a regular release I'd have waited until it was around $10.00 or under. It's good, but not one of my favorite JC titles.

11. bigdaddyhorse

I probably might've waited for a price drop as well if this was mass release, although this is a special movie to me so maybe not. Once reviews get out more than 3000 will want this, I'll bet on that right now. Wow does it look and sound and great! Another 30 year old film that looks like it could've been shot last summer.

12. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Finally received mine today, along with The Fury.

13. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Received mine today... pretty fast considering I´m on the far side of Europe.

14. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I've yet to watch the copy I bought for myself, but I certainly will soon. Glad I caught wind of this before it was too late. I'm seriously considering buying The Fury soon too.

15. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Save some money and wait for the French Carlotta Films 2013 release.
    They produce they´re own quality extras and their releases so far have been English friendly.

16. Crazferret

Crazferret Member

17. Bluenoser

Bluenoser New Member

Both of mine arrived today. I never choose the $25.00 insured shipping, so it's always a bit of a relief when they arrive.

18. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

19. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

I'm not jealous
    couldn't grab it because of bad stuff happening at the order time.....
    hope to god TT never get something I REALLY crave

20. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

The only film I'd ever consider buying from them is Phantasm. Hopefully, that will never happen.