Code Red working on a new Madman dvd

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Jan 18, 2010.

1. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

Worth the price of the disc alone for the extras if you ask me, I'll be buying.

2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

I too cant believe some of u guys on here. CODEREDDVD has been kind enough to post here and some of the users here make insults that is totally unacceptable. the man has been working very hard to put out obsure titles and the company keeps on losing money yet they still keep churning out titles for us fans it seems like almost every title there is a vast argument no menus for PRIMAL RAGE OR DEAD ARE ALIVE, the long delay of Nightmare which we are still hopefully finally getting sans the director's interview of course.I have been very happy with all their titles like the recently released HORROR HIGH to anyone who has Madman anchor bay version like myself quit bitching. The special features are awesome a 91 minute doc for gods sake plus other goodies the artwork is awesome and even the disc artwork is awesome as well so what that the picture isnt perfect the movie itself was never meant to be crystal clear and print damage isnt fixed probably could never be. so in the end sorry Bill Norton for some disrespectful members to want every thing to be perfect.

3. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

You got to relax I said I'm buying it and as paying customer it gives me the right to make comments about a product. And the bartender comment was a comparison to show how I fell about the situation. I never said people were killed.....relax brother it's just a movie.

4. springjack

springjack New Member

I think this is turning into a war.
    I?ll stop posting now. I think the above was not about me because I read all my posts and never insulted nothing or anyone.
    ________
    Avandia heart attack

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  5. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Exactly. So why don't you go and take your own advice?

~Matt

6. CodeRedDVd

CodeRedDVd Guest

If a dvd company puts a movie out a film one day before the contract expires, they can't sell the film anymore. a dvd company needs a good 3 years to sell a film.

Rhett, please close this thread. No one should be fighting over a movie. We are all friend here, and it's only a movie. springjack is kind enough to subtitle the Romano's interview and he is free to his opinions. This is America! It's getting ugly here and we all should enjoy SATURDAY NIGHT!.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2010
  7. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Hey Bill, while you're here, is there any word on the release of Night Warning? That's prob the one horror film I'm anticipating the most.

~Matt

8. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Trust me, Bill, we're glad you re-release the film. How many companies (beside Blue Underground) can aquire titles from Anchor Bay?

Then we probably shouldn't compain about the transfer now. It is what it is.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :cry:

You can;t go out of buisness. What are you going to do? What about the many titles we can expect from you? I was hoping this wouldn;t happen but it did! You have to do something; merge with another company, anything! We don't wanna lose you! :(

9. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

Man come on I was just talking about the quality of the release and what may have happened. How did it get to this I don't know. I never even tried to convice others about the release as i don't have it yet.
    What is the purpose of these forums if to not have open talks about these things.

10. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

To be honest man, the comment you made to Bill was pretty cold-hearted.

But like I said before, I'm disappointed too, but hey if this is the only way we'll see the movie re-released in 16x9 widescreen, then we're just gonna have to take it the way it is. Beggars can't be choosers. People need to stop jumping down the guy's neck. He's done a lot for us horror fans and people were so quick to completely turn against the guy. From the sounds of it, he's just as upset as we are. I can understand where Bill's coming from. Considering the producer of the film authorized this disc, you'd think you'd be able to trust some people. Apparently not. We now just have to accept it as it is. Besides, it's not THAT bad.

~Matt

11. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

I'm still rockin my preorder on amazon.com. I would like to get it on .ca but those are the breaks. Didn't mean to be cold in my comments but it's how I feal about the situation and no harm was intended. I would hate for CR to go out on business, but if they do it wont be my fault as they already have most of my money.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  12. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

Although I can appreciate the disappointment in the screenshots shown (I am a HUGE Madman fan and agree that the blue hue is essential to the atmosphere for this classic), I am also a big Code Red supporter and will definitely pick this up for the extras alone. Code Red has put out some outstanding DVD's and is basically the only company I will blind buy anything from anymore. I hope that Bill reconsiders his apparent decision to end the company next year, as I and I know others here love Code Red and will continue to support them!

13. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

his decision to end the company i am thinking is a financial one as he has said countless times code red keeps losing money on titles

14. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

I can tell you guys that the documentary itself was edited/filmed/created by fans all entirely for their love of the film. Nobody was paid anything for taking part in the documentary.

15. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

What he said - Larry Flint is right. Enough already.

Oh no you don't. Where you think yer goin' so fast. We gots work to do, so get comfortable bub :D

16. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Before this thread gets closed I just want to say, thanks for re-releasing Madman, Code Red. The transfer may not be as we hoped but if others didn't complain about this transfer in the past, why should we? The work and love you put in it was simply a job well done. Transfers are transfers; some say yay to this and nay to that, but all's fair in love and war. And let me say your company isn't over (far from it). If I know as many fans do Nightmare In A Damaged Brain is still happening and with luck, sales should be good.

17. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

I've never seen "Madman" so this disc will be fine for me. I actually prefer the non-blue tinged screencaps that were posted - I'm sure if I knew the film it might bother me but new audiences won't know the difference. Thanks Code Red for your continued efforts to release these obscure cult titles. I hope your decision to end Code Red next year isn't set in stone.

18. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

I like watching old slashers with alright transfers, it makes me feel like I'm in the 80s watching an old movie on a VHS. It makes me happy. :) (just thought I'd throw that in there to make people happy and/or laugh)

I'm just super super happy Code Red re-released this. :)

19. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

Is it just me or is this Bill gentlemen very emotional? Bill & Chris you both need to chill and relax. As far as Madman goes I'm still buying the disc.

20. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

After the initial chock of seeing those screenshots of the inferior transfer has faded, I´m actually gonna buy the disc for the documentary :)

It´s too bad that Bill is gonna shut down the company next summer, but in this economy, I can understand it :(

It has been a good run with loads of cool titles during the years, titles that no other studio would ever bother to release.
    And I´m glad there is still a bunch of great titles coming from Code Red before the end, like "Laserblast" and "Nightmare" just to name a few :)