Code Red's 'The Dead Pit'

Discussion in 'General' started by Marclar, May 6, 2008.

1. reddye5

reddye5 Member

My Dead Pit order has been in at Deep Discount for several days also.
    For frame of reference, I ordered Sole Survivor from DDD awhile ago and it was "Backordered". It took them thirteen days to finally send me shipping notice.

I think DDD will deliver, now it just better be the 2 disc version. :)

2. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

I'm in Canada, so getting the two disc wasn't really that feasible. Once it was on the DD site (and I was placing orders as it was), I wanted to grab it while I could. Now that things are really up in the air, it's got me pretty bummed out.

Hopefully this all gets resolved within the next few days.

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

about 80 minues +- The stills gallery does have quite a few production photos, and its nice to have.

The interviews on the first disc are by far the most enlightening (and the essential extras IMO) regarding the film.

4. Big Bobby D

Big Bobby D Guest

Well, my Best Buy had 2 copies of the 2 disc in stock for $14.99 and I thought about picking it up because I'm thinking about giving it another chance but I'm not too sure whether or not that 2nd disc is really worth getting it for. I know it's got over 80 minutes of extras on that second disc but can anybody go more in depth about what's on it? What is the mini movie?

5. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Maybe for the completest then. I rarely bother with Still Galleries, and certainly wouldn't bother to go through it more than once...

6. boycrieswolf

boycrieswolf Guest

In all honesty folks, it really isn't a huge deal. Depends on what you value in a dvd presentation. Like I said before, the film itself looks great, but the special features are prettty hit and miss. The most relevent stuff is on the first disc anyway. The 2nd disc is basically camcorder footage from on set during filming. There's a lot of make-up tests and such, behind the scenes during the finale scene, but again, just vhs cam quality. The mini-movie is basically a truncated version of the film, retaining all the basic plot points but edited down to about 30 mins. Maybe this was the short that the feature was expanded upon, I'm not entirely sure. Honestly, unless you're an aspiring film maker, the 2nd disc isn't something you'll lose sleep over. Just my 2 cents. Maybe this will help some of you decide which version you want. Cheers!

7. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Same boat here - They shipped Sole Survivor today, but the Dead Pit 2 disc is still backordered. Damn staright they better ship me the double disc!

8. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

This is a mess. I've been pretty busy lately and haven't gotten too many chances to get on the boards. I took Code Red's word for it and ordered it from Best Buy's website and it is the one disc version. I don't think I'm going to bother sending it back. None of the Best Buy's in my area have it in stock and it sounds like ordering it from DDD is a hassle that's not even worth it.

9. uradouche

uradouche New Member

I placed my DD order the morning this was "available" and still - backordered. How is it possible that this was unavailable the day it came out? pretty weak, Code Red, pretty weak. How is it that companies constantly misunderstand the demand for their product?

10. Mutilated Prey

Interesting - I wonder if that means DD just hasn't gotten their allotment yet. Considering not one person on this forum got theirs shipped yet. There's no way THAT many people ordered Dead Pit on the day it came out, unless DD only had like 20-30 copies. :confused:

11. Mutilated Prey

Ha! Just noticed BestBuy's website says "backordered" now for the single disc. I wonder if Code Red just did a small initial printing to see how fast they would fly off the shelves and then go from there.

12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Someone stated that they received their 2-disc from DD earlier in this thread: http://horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showpost.php?p=539630&postcount=57

13. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I've ordered it from DD on backorder and even reading that people have gotten it from DD I'm still thinking about going ahead and picking it up at Best Buy. I suspect that the initial batch may only have just slipped under the radar.

7/1 Best Buy will have the next wave of Legend Films exclusives, I might as well pick this up along with the rest of'em.

14. Mutilated Prey

Ah, may bad - I searched thru the thread for "Deep Discount", not DD, and no one had stated they got theirs. Well, that dood might be the only one. I'm gonna check out my BestBuy today to see if they have it.

15. Mutilated Prey

Just grabbed the last copy od the double disc at my local BestBuy - ah yes! I'm curious to let my DD order ride just to see if it actually shows up. Maybe I can sell the extra copy to one of you folks :)

16. rhett

rhett Administrator

17. Kolpitz

I returned my 1-discer that I got from Best Buy's website to my local Buy today. Their computer says they have 2 copies of the 2-Disc version but they couldn't find it anywhere. I continue to wait ...

18. Mutilated Prey

I'm sure you guys figured this out while you there, but what threw me off is that my BestBuy got rid of genre sections - every DVD is just in alphabetical order. Cancelled my DD order this morning.

19. Kolpitz

The Best Buy I went to still had everything set up by genre. Of course, none of that really matters half the time when it comes to horror. Sometimes they're in horror but you'll also just as easily find them in Science Fiction, Drama, Action and even Music DVDs (that's where the Blind Dead set was housed when Best Buy carried it in store). When I returned my 1 Disc copy yesterday, they checked the computer and found that they had 2 in stock. Naturally, they checked for about 15 minutes and couldn't find a single copy. I'd order it from Deep Discount but that sounds like a nightmare right now. Maybe, if I find the time, I'll do some traveling to various Best Buys and see if I can find it.

On a side note, this whole interlacing problem needs to be addressed by Code Red right now. They need to get this under control before they release anything else. Sole Survivor didn't look right on my plasma and, from what Rhett says, The Dead Pit sounds like it's going to wreak even more havoc.

20. delicreep

delicreep Well-Known Member

Code Red has an update on their blog regarding the 2 disk Dead Pit set: