Code Red's 'The Dead Pit'

Discussion in 'General' started by Marclar, May 6, 2008.

1. uradouche

uradouche New Member

Well, I happened to swing by my local Best Buy and they finally had 1 copy of the 2 disc in stock. I went ahead and grabbed it and cancelled my Deep Discount order that has been backorder since release date. What a bunch of bullshit. Ended up 7 bucks more than I would have from DD during the 20% off sale. Oh well, I'm a completist... had to have it.

2. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

Dammit, here I was all excited that I could actually get the 2 disc in Canada and I get the shaft.

I guess I'll have to try to find it when I'm in Burbank next month.

3. boycrieswolf

boycrieswolf Guest

Man, I really respect the fact that Code Red are puting so much effort into delivering us long forgotton horror, but damn they need to get it together! A 7 page thread dedicated to a clusterfuck of epic proportions, and they're going to look into it!?!?! WTF! Seems to me like they should have looked into it before releasing it. Not to mention (and maybe this is just a pet peeve of mine and not really significant) the on screen typos and grammatically incorrect on screen questions on the interviews. I could be wrong, but I get the impression that whoever runs Code Red is a foreigner with little grasp of the english language. Hey, it's cool. If that's the case, hire an english translator! I'll contuinue to buy their films because they're putting out some pretty obscure stuff, I just hope in the future that they run a tighter ship, so to speak.

4. rhett

rhett Administrator

The owner, Bill Olsen, isn't a "foreigner" and in talking with him it seems pretty clear that the root of all this confusion was a last minute decision on BCI's part to offer an exclusive deal with Best Buy. That decision, and the way it's been handled, has nothing to do with Code Red.

5. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

Same here. I canceled the DD order and just went to my local Best-Buy and picked up the 2-disc. Had to shell out a little more, but well worth it guys.

Where else are you gonna find a company like Code Red that's going to put out these old 70's & 80's gems. Keep supporting these guys and hopefully they will be around for a long time to come. :evil:

6. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

According to their blog these were extras that didn't make the cut to the original disc, and therefore probably were never finished. That's why there's spelling mistakes and such.

These guys are releasing 80's DTV and mostly SOV releases I don't understand why Criterion level releases are demanded of Code Red. Code Red is giving this movies a better shake then they've probably ever had before.

7. blood vamp

blood vamp Guest

Interesting parallels can be drawn between The Dead Pit and Sessions 9. They both share the ominous foreboding atmosphere of a decrepit run down and abandoned mental hospital with one significant difference being the fact that most of the horror in Session occurs in bright daylight which doesnt lessen the depth or the severity of the proceedings. Both good films although Dead Pit is more of a physical exercise in zombie horror and Session 9 is the story of a twisted murderous mind linked to the eerie voices on a tape recorder.

8. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

I thougth the film reminded me of the recent SHADOWS DEAD RIOT, as that film has a pit with zombies rising, the same twist ending, etc.

Also they updated this on their blog "NEW UPDATE: Our distributor has spoken with BestBuy, and the 2 disc one will be available to purchase on line from BestBuy shortly."

9. reddye5

reddye5 Member

So, what's the deal? Deep Discount DVD lists the sku for the 2 disc version.
    If they ever get it back in stock, are they going to send out the 2 disc version or what?

Is the "supplier" going to supply some 2 disc copies to DDD?

I mean why would DDD list the 2 disc, sku and all, unless that's the info the supplier gave them?

I just don't get it at all.:fire:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  10. blood vamp

blood vamp Guest

Arrow I heard about Shadows Dead Riot,havent seen tho. I wanna check it out when bestbuy gets it in stock online.

11. reddye5

reddye5 Member

Now Deep Discount DVD has changed the name and sku to the 1 disc version. :mad:

Awesome, so all of us that had orders with DDD for the 2 disc (as listed on their site upc and all) from day 1 are going to get screwed.

I don't care that Code Red and Best Buy teamed up on an exclusive. That's fine with me. Just clean your F***in' house before you release a dvd. If it's not Code Red's fault, then it's their product distributor that can suck my nut boulders.:bs:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  12. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

I finally found a copy of this at the Best Buy near my work. Of course, I left my Best Buy reward certificates at home but The Ruins hits Blu-ray on Tuesday so they'll get used.

13. Anaestheus

Anaestheus Well-Known Member

Just picked up the 2-disc version at Best Buy in Chicago. They had other copies still in stock, in case any one else is in the area. I was at the store on North Ave.

14. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Good to hear the BestBuys are hooking up us needy folks. So, DDD really is never getting the double disc? Lame!

15. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

DDD started shipping out yesterday, so we'll see in a few weeks. I double checked the entries and since the description has changed on the site to remove the 2 disc description, even though the shopping cart still uses the old 2 disc description. I think the shopping cart description is just an oversight. But as I said, we'll see.

16. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Not only the shopping cart - like others on here I got a shipping notice yesterday, and it still states it's the 2-disc.

Now, what we actually get.............

17. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Ah, very interesting! Let us know the outcome.

18. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

It's Deep Discount we're talking about here - so I'm expecting to be disapointed. :D

19. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

When I was at the local store here yesterday, they also had several copies stocked on the shelf again. Now if they would only get The Sender in stock...

20. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I live in Saskatchewan, and we don't have a Best Buy... the closest one is 5 hours away. Would anyone mind picking me up a 2-disc copy of the Dead Pit? I'll pay for the cost of the DVD and the shipping to Canada.

Just send me a PM.