Creepshow 3 coming in 2005

Discussion in 'General' started by Evil Dead Guy, Dec 21, 2004.

1. I never even heard of a third one being made , too bad George A. Romero will have nothing to do with it . I'm still waiting for a TV series , that would be awesome news if that did happen .

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=3313

2. also no Stephen King...bad idea...

3. Alan Smithee

Alan Smithee Member

Tom Savini was talking about this at a horror movie marathon I went to around Halloween. If I'm not mistaken, its being made by the same people who did Day of the Dead 2.

4. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

God help us.

5. Erg0n

Erg0n My Baby Picture

In a House that's Up My Butt In A Cellar, Canada
    i'll still watch it because i'm big on anthologies and I'm a fan of the first one.

6. Ash J. Williams

Ash J. Williams New Member

Day of the Dead: Contagium, will be the worst movie ever made. I know this. I know it for several reasons, a few of which I'll name now:

1. The trailer shows quick footage from the movie, and by that alone you can tell it's going to be horrible, since more than half the footage is either horribly shot, horribly acted or both. Not only this, but the trailer itself is edited horribly. I could literrally edit a better trailer for a 1-minute video at my film camp.

2. The gore is downright insulting to Savini's work. It looks horrible, and faker than anything I can name. To give an example, look at the picture of the zombie doctor on the site. See his stringy face. And see his labcoat, which actually looks less realistic than a kid's mad scientist coat we have at, again, the film camp. The labcoat at the camp says, "M.A.D." and is covered with blood and slime. The labcoat in the picture is covered with blood that is pinker than a fairy's wings. I seriously cannot believe they could make this thing, without any of the original cast or crew, and call it an "Homage" to horror films of the past. I don't think I have ever hated a movie this much without even seeing it.

7. John Gargo

John Gargo Guest

These fuckers need to write something ORIGINAL and stop shitting on the horror films we grew up with. Wankers.

8. While part of me says avoid at all cost, the part that loves anthologies and Creepshow in particular, says check it out! Damn these bastards! It's a damn shame that another King/Romero collaboration couldn't have happened. Perhaps some things are better left alone.

9. Here's my favorite part of the article: "Horror fans tend to be very knowledgeable, and I can say that my heart was in the right place," says Clavell. "I would never dream of aping a masterpiece like the DEAD trilogy."

Sure you wouldn't, jackass. That unofficial Day of the Dead 2 trailer was one of the worst, amateurish piles of pigshit I've seen in a long while.

10. MrVess

MrVess Guest

Sounds like another excrement packed in foil, best left unopened and untouched.

I consider "Tales from the Dark Side" to be the third unofficial Creepshow, anyway. It was made (and, again, scored) by John Harrison, the tales were connected by a certain volume (albeit written rather than drawn :)) - *and* it used the "cat" segment, scrapped from "Creepshow II".

That said, there is a slim chance that I might actually be tempted to buy it - only because it would make a sixth Creepshow-related DVD I would have... (counting TftDS... :)

11. MrVess

MrVess Guest

Oh, and this...

"The 'filmmaker' also tells Fango[RIA - when you're older than 12, clipping your own name only makes you look pathetic] that there has been no feedback from Romero on the DAY OF THE DEAD follow-up"

I suspect it's because Mr Romero is too polite to tell the culprits what he thinks of them. Of course if someone unrelated asked him directly, perhaps he *would* voice out his opinion... Dario Argento, for instance, was quite expressive when asked about the upcoming travesty ("remake") of Suspiria, saying "It will be shit".

12. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

creepshow 3 and day of the dead contagium are going to be far worse than
    i know what you did last summer 3

13. The Joker

The Joker Guest

i always wanted a creepshow 3....but this seems to have all the ingredients for a disaster

14. Damed

Damed Guest

You know what sucks the most about this? At the Horror con in Toronto this summer, I asked Romero about a Creepshow 3. He said he'd LOVE to do it. He has been wanting to do it for years but no one would fund him.

Now we have a group of hacks riding on his coattails somehow getting the money to make the movie Romero would love to.

Sometimes, the world is just too fucked up for words.