Dawn Of The Dead Specs up on Anchor Bay's Site

Discussion in 'General' started by venomjuice9, Jan 9, 2004.

1. venomjuice9

venomjuice9 Member

Last edited: Jan 9, 2004
  2. marcx

marcx Active Member

[
    hmmm--already got the 2 disc import and while the a/v is not up to speed im certainly going o hold off on another purchas until the full set is coming out...

a DTS track sounds mighty tasty though!!!!!

3. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    street dates been bumped up to 3/9/04, I guess the remakes release date got bumped back to 3/12 as well.

4. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

The cover rocks, I'm definitely getting this. I'm disappointed that it's not a packed special edition but I'll be happy with it I suppose until the boxed set comes out. If they gave an SE to Day of the Dead, they have to do it to Dawn someday.

5. They ARE giving a deluxe edition to Dawn of the Dead in September of next year...this is just a release for those who can't wait til then.

6. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

September of NEXT year???? Are you sure? I hope not because that is a LONG time away!

7. I'm still living in 2003...it's September of THIS year. September 2004...sorry.

8. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I'll be getting this, but I'm still dying for the big set.

9. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Whew, thank God! ;)

10. Latency

Latency Guest

I'll be picking this one up! I don't really care for the Directors cut anyways. As long as I have a good A/V and commentary, I'm happy :).

edit: the box art rocks too!

11. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    The details for the box set are totally up in the air. It was originally slated to include all 3 major cuts of the film but it appears now that the rights to the Argento cut may be an obstacle. Also, it has never been said whether or not all 3 versions will have the dts audio, commentaries and what not.

Also, does anyone know if this is a new commentary w/ GAR, Savini and Chris Romero? The same 3 were on the Laserdisc commentary is why I ask.

12. It's easy for me to wait for the boxset because I already have a version of Dawn of the Dead on DVD. I can understand why someone would want to buy this one though. I'm just waiting for the box because if I don't I'll wish I had cause I always have to get the better version of a movie I like and I'm only willing to upgrade once lol

13. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I see one picture of the box art and I am already iffy on waiting and just getting the September SE. I am going to try and be strong and not double dip, but not sure I can do it. I am such a sucker.

14. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I must have the DC of Dawn. You miss too much on the TC.

15. Andrew

Andrew Guest

This reminds me, I need to sell off my Anniversary Edition. Mint copies still go for $60+. Excellent.

16. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

as if buy this.. its got a new commentary.. and better audio.. for a film that was recorded in mono?

I don't know about the rest of you but i'll definitely have no problem waiting till september for this.. maybe if you dont have a copy of it at the moment this one might be tempting

17. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I'm hoping to have the big box in time for Horrorfind. The main cast will/should be there.

18. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

According to Fangoria (http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=1783), this is a brand new commentary track.

And it goes without saying again...the cover kicks ass.

19. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

I've waited five years for a decen Dawn DVD, so I think I can wait till September. They ain't getting my damn money twice!

20. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I can't remember, but are the extras from this one going to be on the big set?