Do you have a staple horror film every October?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Joker, Sep 26, 2021.

1. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Odd man out. If anything I watch less around Halloween. I can be very contrarian at times.

2. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    You're allowed ;)
    In 1988, I re-connected with a few friends from childhood that I'd lost track of. I was talked into seeing the "funniest movie EVER" and to the Century multi plex we went.
    After a really cool trailer for HELLBOUND: HELLRAISER 2, I was treated to ELVIRA MISTRESS OF THE DARK. From the first moments of the movie featuring
    a re-dubbed "It Conquered the World" to the end credits I couldn't recall a funner time at the movies. Light-hearted, yet familiar wall-to-wall wit (in my opinion). To this
    day remains an October favorite.
    In 1992, when a relative was in the hospital, visiting relatives came by our house to unwind after a sad visit at the hospital...I happened to be
    playing my VHS of Elvira at the time. Let's just say that movie lightened the entire mood for everyone during a tough emotional time. I'll never forget that. Everyone pretty
    much laughed at just about everything Elvira did...and I hadn't seen them like that in a loooooong time.

Katatonia, hots4 and Gore Lunatic like this.
  3. Gore Lunatic

Gore Lunatic Violenza Carnale

I always start the Halloween season with Halloween (1978), Halloween II (1981) and Halloween: H2O. Those three films kick me into gear. And I always end the season with Night Of The Living Dead (1968).

ImmortalSlasher and Natas like this.