Do you lose track of what you preordered?

Discussion in 'General' started by maybrick, Apr 3, 2021.

1. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I’m willing to bet that many of you have.

I don’t generally preorder more than one thing at a time, but right now I have Over The Edge direct from Arrow, Smile through Vinegar Syndrome, Howl of the Devil from Mondo Bizarro, and Beyond Terror from Cauldron (which technically isn’t a preorder but a restock, but the wait for it to drop felt the same). I’m having just a little bit of trouble remembering them all, and when I listed them off to my wife earlier I had to think a few seconds before I remembered what the fourth title was. I can just imagine getting a movie in the mail and saying “Oh yeah. I ordered that!” Lol

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Nope, I keep a simple text list of everything ordered and of course save the order emails.

3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

That’s not what I mean. I’m talking off the top of your head. If you have to resort to a list then that’s cheating.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Probably not, that's why I keep a list in the first place!

5. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

I don’t buy many movies these days, maybe 3-5 a month, compared to 10-20 years ago, when I bought 15-20 movies each month.

Only got four movies pre-ordered at the moment: UHD:s of Dead and Buried and Bird with the Crystal Plumage, and Strike Commando 1 & 2 on blu-ray.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  6. sinister

sinister Active Member

I also keep a little text file on my windows desktop now, not just for movie pre-orders but for anything I order online, useful when international stuff is still taking 1-2 months for delivery. It helps avoid slip ups like when I pre-ordered the Last house on the left blu-ray box set from Arrow and then again from Amazon so ended up with 2 copies.

The only movie I have pre-ordered right now is the new edition of irreversible with the special cut in "reverse" (normal) order.

My memory has definitely been going downhill these last 5-10 years... one advantage is that movies have better replay value now, haha. Sometimes I download a movie I think I haven't seen before and then only remember a scene or two about an hour in. :rolleyes:

7. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I typically just remember, but the only time I actually sit down and keep track of it is once a month via my credit card statements. The major retailers typically don't charge you until it ships anyway.

8. Copyboy

Copyboy Well-Known Member

It sounds like you guys just forget what you've ordered. That actually sounds pretty nice to me! Something shows up in the mail and it's like Christmas! I'm so dumb I've actually bought things I already had!

othervoice1, hots4 and Zombie Dude like this.
  9. sinister

sinister Active Member

Oh yeah, I've done that too. That's one nice thing about Amazon, they show at the top of the page if you've ordered that same item before, has saved me an accidental double purchase a few times.

hots4 likes this.
  10. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

Constantly

11. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

For sure. And when something arrives in the mail, I try not to think about what it might be, which makes it a complete surprise when I open it. Like "oh yeah! I DID order that! Cool!"

12. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

With movies it’s pretty rare and even then the only example I can think of is sort of the opposite of what you’re talking about, where I thought I pre-ordered something but hadn’t. With games it’s another story because I buy a lot from places like Limited Run where you’re pre-ordering 4 – 6 months before the game ships; I forget about those all the time.