Echo Bridge Horror Collector's Six Pack

Discussion in 'General' started by old-boo-radley, Nov 4, 2008.

1. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

Anyone pick this up? It has Prom Night, and I need the anamorphic version, but I'm not sure if this set has the full frame version or the widescreen one. Figured I could kill Prom Night and Howling 4 with one stone and get a few freebies in the process if it did.

[​IMG]

2. AndresG

AndresG Member

[​IMG]

Horror Six Pack Collector's Set

PROM NIGHT
    Four seniors, who all share the same terrible secret, are stalked by a vengeful axe-wielding killer on Prom Night.

THE NURSE
    Vowing revenge, nurse Laura Harriman sets out on a psychotic killing spree after her father kills himself, targeting the man she believes is responsible--a recently paralyzed and mute stroke victim.

SKELETON MAN
    In the dense wilderness of the Pacific Northwest, and elite crew of soldiers, investigating the brutal and mysterious deaths of four army officers, is led to the enigmatic myth and murderous reality of the Skeleton Man.

THE HOWLING IV: THE ORIGINAL NIGHTMARE
    Marie, a successful novelist, and her husband go to the picturesque town of Drago for a restful getaway, only to discover that something sinister is going on there...something that has razor-sharp claws, throat-ripping teeth, and that kills by the cold light of a full moon...

VAMPIRE WARS: BATTLE FOR THE UNIVERSE
    In 2210, a V-SAN crew, dispatched to rescue humans from a vampire attack, discovers that the vampires are plotting a take-over...and getting help from a surprising source.

GHOULIES IV
    On the streets of L.A., the battle is on between a demonic killer, a rule-breaking cop, and the Ghoulies--our favorite creatures from the netherworld!

3. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I looked at one of these in store today and the little pictures of the dvd covers on back had the widescreen banners for Prom Night, Skeleton Man and Vampire Wars. The others didn't have any banner on front, so I don't know if that means they aren't. No specs are listed, and the box covers all sides so I can't say for sure what you'll get inside, but it should be what's pictured on the back.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The Howling IV, Ghoulies IV and The Nurse are almost certainly just the same previous discs released by them, and fullscreen.

Skeleton Man was just terrible. Vampire Wars was passable.

5. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Hmmm, it will be interesting to see if Prom night is indeed WS. I sought out the old AB WS version a while back - got it on eBay for like $5.

6. rhett

rhett Administrator

For how cheap it is by itself, you should get the Echo Bridge anamorphic PROM NIGHT disc anyway. Big improvement over the non-anamorphic Anchor Bay disc.

7. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

However, it's a cheap PAL-NTSC conversion that hasn't been speed corrected. But still, yes a GREAT improvement over Anchor Bay's disc. But the best edition out there is probably the R2 from Network UK. It has the film in anamorphic widescreen (in proper PAL), the trailer and exerpts from the original press materials on the reverse side of the cover sleeve.

~Matt