Ed Wood is cancel!

Discussion in 'General' started by venomjuice9, Jan 23, 2004.

1. People are selling them on ebay for an arm and an ass now...if you want a copy that badly....I can wait cause I'm sure they'll probably be releasing it when Big Fish hits DVD.

2. venomjuice9

venomjuice9 Member

Boo-yah!!! :D I just got my copy of Ed Wood today at Blockbuster!!! :banana: So for all you missing out on the hunt of that DVD, so check out your local blockbuster!! You just might get!! ;)

3. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

So it is out then?

4. venomjuice9

venomjuice9 Member

The DVD has been recalled about 2 weeks ago, but there are sum retailers that haven't got the notice for the recall yet, so there are copies of ED WOOD on the shelves of smaller retailers. Best Buy, Suncoast, Sam Goody and other high chain stores have gotten the recall info. Your best bet is either trying Blockbuster or a Mama-Papa Video store. The release date for ED WOOD is today.

5. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

I'm beginning to think it might not have been recalled. There seems to be quite a few copies out there.And when I called Suncoast, they didn't say anything about the recall.

6. onebyone

onebyone Guest

It was recalled, just maybe they waited to late, so some retailers seem to have missed the word. Most e-shops pulled it, but blockbuster and suncoast seem to be putting them out hand over fist.

7. wizzer

wizzer get outta here ewe

there's 5 pages of them on ebay. that doesn't seem very rare to me. theres one going for more than a hundred bucks right now. :rolleyes: who the fuck is buying these things. i want someone on this forum to step foreward and admit that they bought one for 100 bucks plus :lol:

8. jscott

jscott Guided By Voices

I paid $40 for a used LD copy (before I went multi-region). Does that count for anything?

9. wizzer

eh. :lol: thats not bad. i was just thinking that with all those ed wood dvds going for so much there had to be someone here who paid 100 dollars for one.

10. I'm not that willing...the most I'd pay for one is probably 50 and that would be pushing it. I won't pay 100 bucks for any DVD.

11. wizzer

uh................wait..a..........minute................. weren't you the guy on page one that didn't care about the region 1 release of ed wood? AH HA!!!! you are one of those guys pushing the ed wood dvd price sky hi on ebay aren't you?! i knew it you can't live with out it now. it calls you in your sleep.----"shoes- some scumbag in wala wala washington has me,an ed wood dvd, i'm all yours....go bid on me ....NOW!!"

12. Choptop

Choptop Member

Hell yeah! I got my copy a few hours ago from Blockbuster. I called every Best Buy, Media Play, Borders, FYE and Blockbuster in the area, thats about 20 stores give or take. I had a few bites from two different Borders. They said they had it and they would hold a copy for me, but when they got back on the phone they told me they couldn't sell it. Every other store, with the exception of the very last Blockbuster on my list, flat out said they couldnt sell it.

I would like to speculate on why it has been recalled. I got lots of "answers" from employes of these stores, from, It was canceled because of a "bad" commentary, Tim Burton doesnt like the film so he didnt want it out on disc, Johnny Depp was suing someone, etc... Of course, I played dumb the whole time. "Do you have Ed Wood on DVD? Oh, it's been recalled... so that's why I can't find it. Thanks"

I admit I tried to find a few more to do some selling on Ebay, but I won't be that guy again :). Ah well, I got my copy of it and dammit I'm happy. I'll give it a spin tomorrow right after Lost in Translation.

13. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

14. Revoltor

Revoltor Guest

I like to reward company insolence with piracy.

THE AMERICAN WAY!!!

15. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

i work at Best Buy but we didnt receive any copies. i so would have bought like 10 of them too.

16. Tawny

It seems that with Depp's oscar nomination, that they would want this released.

17. IT'S ME...I ADMIT IT!!! I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT...I'M DYING!!! DYING!!! DYING!!! While watching Lost in Translation :)

18. onebyone

onebyone Guest

And Murray's nod for Lost in Translation too. It seems like this would have been the best possible time to get this baby out. So very stinking odd. I have the disc, as do several folks I know, and no one has had any problems with it so I really don't think it is a problem with the disc. so what then? :eek1:

19. Tawny

I don't know. Could they possibly be waiting until the next Burton/Depp movie comes out (Willy Wonka?)Or maybe they want to reissue the disc with the "Oscar Nominee" tagline?(Or Oscar Winner for that matter. :D )

Last edited: Feb 4, 2004
  20. Tawny

Just read this at Digital Bits

Just FYI, Buena Vista has finally spoken on the record with Video Business, and claims that they're looking for a "better date to release the DVD". Given the amount of money the studio and retailers stand to lose by pulling the disc at the 11th hour, it stretches credibility to believe that's the only reason. We've now heard off the record from sources that the title was pulled over a rights issue regarding material that was included in the supplements. If that's true, it would mean that any future release will likely be altered in some way (some extras might be edited or dropped entirely from the disc). VB has also apparently heard a rumor that director Tim Burton wasn't happy with the extras. In any case, it seems likely that whatever the reason is, the disc will be released again in the future but not with the same bonus material. So use that information as you will.