Elvira's Movie Macabre series to return fall 2010

Discussion in 'General' started by mclay18, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

It's playing here but the TV listings do not mention anything about MOVIE MACABRE,it just lists the title of the movie she's airing.I hope nobody has been missing the show because of this.

2. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Week 1 was "Night Of The Living Dead" (missed it)

Week 2 was "The Terror" (Karloff/Nicholson)

I miss the old harpsichord "Movie Macabre" theme and the set somehow feels even cheaper than the old black curtain/blood-red couch combo she had in the 80s. I think it's just that digital video doesn't have the warm, soft glow of videotape. But Elvira is still damn funny and gorgeous. Hope this can find an audience. Maybe they should stream episodes on the website?

BTW, there was a great article/interview with Cassandra Peterson in a recent LA Weekly. She mentioned that they did send out the girl who won the "Search For The Next Elvira" contest on a couple of appearances but the audiences did not receive her well. They wanted the real Elvira (duh.) Definitely worth the read.

http://www.laweekly.com/2010-09-23/art-books/elvira-s-world/

3. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Cool, that'll make it a little hard to find the new one though because she's already done NotLD.

It's too bad the Next Elvira didn't pan out, as the winner really was a great girl. What they should have done was reboot the series with her instead of a few public appearances.

4. Roo

Roo Member

Amen to that!! :evil:

5. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

It appears alot of markets are starting it tonight. The Elvira website has the Boston area channel wrong as well. For those in the Boston area who care the first episode (night of the living dead) is airing ultra late saturday/early Sunday at 5am and again late sunday at 1am on THIS. The Terror is listed in the same time slots for next week. Pretty awful time slots...but I am glad to have found it. Several folks on Elvira's facebook page are posting that their market has it starting tonight so if you have had trouble finding the show take a look at tonights listings (note that it is not listed as elvira or as movie macabre, but simply by movie title).

6. Criswell

Criswell New Member

We dont get these type of hosted shows in Australia now. But gee it must be hard in the dvd/internet age coming up with ways of showing films like NOTLD, Carnival of Souls, last Man on earth etc, which are in massivly wide distribution and available on seemingly EVERY compilation box set.

7. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that´s one of the boring things about this internet age. Everything is so easy to find these days that the old magic of seeing an old (obscure) classic on Late Night TV is gone :(

I actually miss the old VHS days when you had to work hard to hunt down a copy of those rare ones. And when you found them it was one of the greatest feeling in the world :)

The kids today sure have got it easy ;)

8. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I just set to record it tonight at 1. I'm happy she's back but I've seen Night of the Living Dead so many times it's ridiculous. Although I understand she's probably not got a wide variety of choices with what she can use.

9. Erick H.

I like the Black Belles track that they play on the new show but I would love to get the full length version of the old show's opening and closing scores.I guess those double feature discs they put out a couple of years ago of old eps still contain all the music.Can anybody confirm that ?

10. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

iTunes is selling a collection of Elvira hits including the original opening theme and music from her movies as well as the tracks she did for her Rhino CDs. No closing theme music in the iTunes package, but maybe you can find a dowload of her old VINYL MACABRE album which included both.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/elviras-gravest-hits/id380065081

11. Erick H.

Thanks very much for the info,glad to hear it's available !

12. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Elvira's released a sneak peak at the stop motion opening to her Christmas episode, which apparently is airing only AFTER the holidays: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fipakbz0s70

She'll be doing Santa Claus Conquers the Martians I believe.

13. Erick H.

Very nice,kind of a NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS with boobs !

14. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

DVD releases in the works:
    http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Elviras-Movie-Macabre-DVDs-Planned/15000

I wonder if Shout! will pick them up. Someone somewhere has said the Shout! discs didn't sell too well so who knows if they'll pass on this one or not.

15. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

It's good to know they are coming to DVD. They are filling up my DVR. Now I can watch them at a more leisurely pace.

16. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

It's official:
    http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Elviras-Movie-Macabre-Living-Dead-Skin-Satanic-Washington/15211

Sweet, Werewolf of Washington was high on my want list (she does Sarah Palin) so it's great to see that first out the gate. This will also my my 7th copy of NotLD, I own 4 other DVDs plus two Elvira discs of it already. :D

17. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I'm glad these are getting released to DVD as I can't pick up this show where I live. I hope these sell well, otherwise they may go the same route as the other Elvira discs. :(

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  18. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Cool. I have been enjoying these and recording them, but it is a pain in the ass deleting the commercials. I will pick all of them up even though I have most of the movies already...including the original Werewolf of Washington hosted by Elvira. I wonder if they will feature uncut prints (as opposed to TV versions) like the old Elvira discs did? It would be nice to have a more complete print of Lady Frankenstein. Also I noticed on my local station's airing of Santa Claus conquers the martians they actually censored some of Elvira's and Breather's lines.

19. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I'll be picking these up for sure...

It appears as though my local affiliate dropped Movie Macabre. It use to be on Saturday nights at 12AM, but they've been playing Svengoolie in that time slot since Christmas.

Kinda sucks...

20. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Hopefully. If not Shout! Factory is releasing Lady Frankenstein this fall, hopefully that will be fully uncut.

How is the print of Santa Claus that Elvira used? Svengoolie showed that for Christmas last year too and it was a print I'd never seen before. Much darker but with different print damage (yes I've seen it that many time) but more colorful and I was curious about the source.

That does suck, but I'd almost rather have Sven if only because you can't find his stuff as easily.