Evil Dead 4 confirmed (+ remake)

Discussion in 'General' started by Workshed, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

2. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Hey, if you're really that interested in why I didn't like it, then go back to page 15 and work your way forward. There's no point in repeating myself.

3. Eddyw78

Eddyw78 Member

I watched this last night. Think I'll be saving this and not deleting it as I doubt this version will be released any time soon. I had never seen this remake before so I had to check on the net to see which were the new scenes. It amounted to just over 4 minutes worth.

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

5. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Guess I won’t be seeing it then. HBO can suck it.

6. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Wow, ok. HBOMax. Got to admit, I'm enjoying their first day releases so far.

othervoice1 likes this.
  7. sade

sade Active Member

If this is gonna be something like that shitty reboot/remake then they can suck it also. Thank god they gave us 3 awesome TV seasons.

8. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

From the article:

"The next chapter in the saga builds off the original trilogy, rather than the 2013 reboot, and moves the action out of the woods and into the city. The twisted tale centers on two estranged sisters, portrayed by Alyssa Sutherland and Lily Sullivan, whose reunion is cut short by the rise of flesh-possessing demons, thrusting them into a primal battle for survival as they face the most nightmarish version of family imaginable.

Filmmaker Lee Cronin (“The Hole in the Ground”) was hand-picked by Raimi and Campbell to write and direct “Evil Dead Rise.”"

9. sade

sade Active Member

Sorry, what I meant to say is if the characters are as annoying as in the remake. Which makes it hard to root for anyone.

baggio likes this.
  10. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

The article also says Bruce won't be in the movie. So even if it's not technically following the remake, I wouldn't be surprised if it's along those lines.

sade likes this.
  11. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I still need to watch the series, but Lucy Lawless and a few other regular cast members were in it right? Are they continuing on with this?

If not this does because a weird little area that is more like an Evil Dead Universe than a proper series. Which, while disappointing, isn't necessarily a bad thing.

12. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Download?

I preferred the remake to the series but that's me. Never been a huge Evil Dead fan and often dislike how slapstick it became. I don't mind some comedy horror but I don't like The Three Stooges type stuff. Hopefully this new one is less of that because the series was full of it. It's hard to ride with Ash being a badass when he's an absolute moron.

13. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I'm not a big hater of the remake as I saw that first before the originals. I do like the TV series as my favorite Evil Dead is probably Part 3. And the TV series has that over the top feel.

I'll check out the new one. Alyssa Sutherland was the best part of that terrible Mist TV series. They can do something clever with the city setting too. The Ninth Gate had a few city settings that still felt creepy. You could have a scene with the book in an apartment garden or something. I've seen luxury apartments with nice pools and gardens.