F13 hits blu-ray - Feb 3, 2009

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by rxfiend, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

That indeed would be awesome. I think the sound for the stuff from The Final Chapter is missing. Part 6 could be a real possibility, though. Wouldn't be that taxing of a job for them.

2. Marv Inc.

Marv Inc. Active Member

We gonna have to wait a while I reckon. Paramount are going to want to see how well there deluxe edition dvds sell before they put out any more blu's and with the final two deluxe dvds out this month I cant see them doing anymore blu's this year.

Maybe they'll start releasing from January 2010 onwards.

3. Marv Inc.

Marv Inc. Active Member

My UK Warner disc showed up today, nice to see they carried over the feautures from there old dvd, the paramount boxset and the new deluxe edition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. geeare

geeare Guest

nice cover but not really appropriate for the film.

5. I have to agree: I do, however, love the saying "The Terror BEFORE The Mask", but the logging chain wielding shadowed Slasher featured on the cover is not Mrs. Voorhees, of course, and the color scheme seem's a bit off. NEver the less, I'm glad the United Kimgdom and I assume Republic of Ireland fans & collectors as well finally get the first one on Blu-Ray.

Ya'll can take my advice: The quality on the first two Blu-Rays is absolutely beyond STUNNING. They're now the definitive versions of these films. Sadly, Part3-D as always, has never really looked good at all, and yet remains one of my favorite films of the series. But the first two Slasher classics are awesome looking on Blu.

6. geeare

geeare Guest

AGREED, the first two are amazing.

7. Indeed. Many simply don't know what they're missing by not at least ordering the first two Slasher classics--especially with how much I love the second film--on Blu. I mean words cannot discribe watching it on a modern TV set with HDMI cables and on a good Blu-Ray player. It's looking re-watching them both for the vew first time. And the 3-D on the Blu is slightly improved from my Deluxe Edition DVD, and there is an interesting hockey mask special feature as well.