Fake Blood and Squidgy Sounds

Discussion in 'General' started by Bobbywoodhogan, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Hey Guys.

Does anyone know where I can get some squidgy sounds, like in Jason Movies n stuff where people are gutted, slashedm, hacked, etc?

and

Does anyone know any recipes for fake blood?

Ta

2. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Just a question- have you tried looking for Sound Effects CD's? Anywhere? I had a couple Halloween sound effects CD's and they were mostly 'family oriented' sounds. Like screaming, footsteps, bells, atmosphere, and space noises. But, have you done a general search anywhere yet?

3. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

I've always wondered where I could hear those "library" sound effects from horror movies.

4. Bobbywoodhogan

I have sound FX Cd's but I cant seem to get the squidgy or gore sfx. I looked on google and everything just cant find anything.

5. adric

adric New Member

making blood is easy. use clear Karo corn syrup and a bottle of red food dye. to make it a little creative, add 1-2 DROPS of blue to make it darker IE organ blood . or some laundry detergent to give it a thick, bubbly consistency but this is for away from the mouth blood. the karo is perfectly nontoxic and can be used for the mouth. anothercool trick is an alka seltzer tablet, best is this brand that starts with a B, i cant think of it but its crushed up, thats why it works well. but you let the powder sit in your mouth, then you drink a cup of red water (or any color) and let it sit in your mouth a couple seconds, then it erupts out, giving you a troma-esque meltdown.

6. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Yes... Karo syrup... food colour... the powdered food colour one is better though... red dye 55 I think...
    The one with a detergent is for use on clothing... photo flo works well... one or two drops... if you use just the normal karo recipe... the blood will bead up on cloth... that detergent allows it to soak in realistically...
    Try to find some eye blood too... really cool stuff... pricey but cool... makes ones eyes look bloodshot and sickly (28 Weeks Later style)...
    Also... runny blood will dry and get really thin on surface if used for a long time... try to find scab/gel blood... really good for long time use on a wound or something... very thick and sticky, but stays in place...
    :)

7. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

Yeah, I found the powdered colouring works better too. Also I think it might be a little less staining.

Also I like to add a little parisian browning essence to darken it up a bit. Whenever I tried using blue food colouring I invariably put too much and the whole thing wound up purple!

Another trick is to use wallpaper paste as your base (that powdered stuff you add water to). Not edible, and will stain everything it touches, but you can make loads!

8. Luna

Luna Guest

I would imagine you could make your own squidgy sounds with a microphone, a recorder and some fruit (stab a melon or something?) and squishing foods in your fingers like beans, creamed corn, spinach... sometimes wet food makes gross sounds when shaken out of a can, kind of like the air going behind it and making the food slurp... get creative! Everything has a different sound. :)

9. Shock Waves

Shock Waves New Member

10. Bobbywoodhogan

Thanks Guys :D

11. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

i needed squishy sounds for a short film and we used xtra thick hair gel. it worked very well.

12. Bobbywoodhogan

cheers I'll give it a try