Fango's Children of the Night

Discussion in 'General' started by Egg_Shen, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

Well, as the news section here has informed, Children of the Night is making it’s way to DVD. I’ve been a fan of this flick ever since it came out in the early 90’s, and this is actually exciting news for me.Karen Black is terrific as is most of the other players, and the direction from Hellbound director Tony Randel is inspired, especially for a direct to video release.

I know Children of the Night is the second of three films produced by Fangoria and released through Columbia. I’ve only seen this and Mindwarp, which is also good, but not the first fango film, Severed Ties. Is this latter film any good? And are there any other admires here of Children of the Night?

2. Nasty Nate

Nasty Nate New Member

I haven't seen this one yet but I've seen other Fango flicks and I didn't think they were that good. I Zombie and Lady Of The Lake kinda sucked. $la$her$ was okay though. Decent mindless entertainment.

3. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

Those are all outside films the Fangoria video label picked up for distribution, and not films of their own. Actually, it’s been over a decade since they made their own films (those three are it I believe), but they recently announced Sick In the Head, to be directed by Frank Henenlotter, as a return to their own productions.

Anyway, besides Children of the Night, Mindwarp is also very good. I hope that Columbia releases this one sometime soon as well.

4. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

Well, I feel as though I’m beating a dead horse here, but here’s some news from Fangoria.com:

On a side note, that Brainslasher disc from Dragon is pretty nice. It’s also barebones (besides some filmographies) but sports a nice transfer.

5. That is crazy ass stupid! Full screen crap!

Sorry, but I like vampire movies, and I most likely would have bought this. But knowing that it is full screen just saved me the money. This is one movie that I will scratch off of my "wish list."

6. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

Yeah, I didn’t quite get that though. I thought this, along with the other two films, was released straight to video. I’m guessing Fangoria figured on a widescreen version to accommodate those with widescreen sets.

7. Thanks Egg_Shen.

Well, I had not even thought about the fact that it was probably shot on video for a video release. If that is the case then it would most likely be full screen, and that would be the proper ratio.

Darn, does this mean that I should put it back on my wish list?

I will wait for someone to say for sure if it was shot on video or not. I am sure that someone around here knows what the Original Aspect Ratio is for this movie.

8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I noticed Amazon Prime added both Children Of The Night and Severed Ties to their free streaming recently.

I just watched my DVD of Children again this summer, and I have Severed Ties on VHS but don't remember it being that great.

Children Of The Night is a great little vampire movie though. Directed by Tony Randel (Ticks, Amityville 1992) and definitely along the lines of his other films of the time. Highly recommended to anyone who may not have seen it. Hopefully we'll see a blu-ray soon!

Steel76 and hots4 like this.
  9. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Unfortunately not available in the UK. Gutted!