Fear Street - NetFlix

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Jan 12, 2021.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

FEAR STREET.png

NetFlix has premiered the first footage from their upcoming Fear Street movies, based on the '90s R.L. Stine book series, which will be hitting the service summer 2021.

You can spot two brief shots around the 1:40 mark:

Three movies were made, originally intended for theatrical release from 20th Century Fox. Due to COVID-19, they ended up selling the movies to NetFlix, which they will premiere this summer with one movie per month. They were filmed in summer 2019 in the Atlanta area, including at the same camp from Friday The 13th: Jason Lives and Little Darlings.

Synopsis for the three movies:

Movie 1: In 1994, in the aftermath of a brutal tragedy in Shadyside, Ohio, a group of teens discover that a series of horrifying events that have plagued their town over many years might not be random, and that they may be the next victims.

Movie 2: In 1978, Camp Nightwing is divided by the campers and counselors who hail from the of prosperous town of Sunnyvale and the campers and maintenance staffers from the downtrodden town of Shadyside, but when horrors from their towns shared history come alive, they must band together to solve a terrifying mystery before it’s too late.

Movie 3: In 1666, a colonial town is gripped by a hysterical witch-hunt that has deadly consequences for centuries to come, and it’s up to teenagers in 1994 to try and finally put an end to their town’s curse, before it’s too late.

2. Spacevis

Spacevis Well-Known Member

This Netflix preview hurts my brain :( Looking forward to the films though. They'll probably be cheesy as hell, but I grew up (and learned English) reading Fear Street so I'm curious.

Steel76 likes this.
  3. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Damn that’s one hell of an annoying preview.
    ”We love bla bla bla bla” loud noises and annoying rap music!!!!!

Maybe I’m just old and grumpy, but ADD trailers like this, makes me wanna throw the tv through the window.

Yup, I’m in a good mood today :D

4. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

I'm assuming that it's Stine so it's for kids...?