Halloween 2018 reboot coming!

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Imagine how much more effective the ending of Halloween would have been, if we never got any sequels. Not knowing anything at all, of where Myers disappeared to, or what happened to him.

2. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

True, but just imagine the yearn and conversations about a sequel then would have ensued!

baggio likes this.
  3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

So first I have to say that Jason has often (more so in later sequels) been put forth as a supernatural being. He's a dead (rotting) man walking for goodness sake. So I'm not sure what you mean with your point about him.

I agree Myers was portrayed as being being pretty human in the first Halloween untill the end where he catches six bullets in the chest and then disappears. These new sequels are riding off that film and it seems natural that they might want to dive more into that supernatural aspect.

4. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

Found it.

That's why it scared me so much when I was a kid. He was the boogeyman at the end. I couldn't even remember the opening to the movie when we see him as a kid committing murder. I probably saw Halloween first on TV like so many horror movies. And caught it during the middle. When I got back into horror movies I noticed so much that I didn't before.

But I'll always say that Halloween should have gone like Carpenter wanted with a different story for each Halloween. That's why I like Halloween 3 so much. I liked it as a kid and still do now.

Steel76 likes this.
  5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

According to their Facebook banner, Halloween Kills will be streaming on Peacock same day as theatrical.

fattyjoe37 likes this.
  6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I might have to see this at home with how things are going over here. At least the option is there, unlike Candyman.

fattyjoe37 likes this.
  7. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

There is a zero percent chance I'm missing seeing Michael Myers on the big screen. But I am glad it's going to stream same day.....hopefully that will thin out the theater crowd opening night

Zombie Dude likes this.
  8. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I have kids under 5 who won't be able to be vaccinated for who knows how long. So I'm staying home until that can happen and will be watching this on Peacock. If I didn't have kids I would go see everything currently out in the theaters, but I'm not gonna risk them so I can go see a few movies.

Zombie Dude likes this.