Halloween 6 Producers cut DVD

Discussion in 'General' started by Camp Blood, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Camp Blood

Camp Blood New Member

Do you think we will ever see an official release of the Halloween 6 producers cut on DVD? I got it off of ebay and would love to see a better quality version. Why can't anchor bay get the rights to it instead of re-releasing all the other Halloween's over and over again? What are the chances of this ever happening? Atleast release Curse of Micheal myers in 16:9.

2. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

It's WAY better. It's much more sinister in tone and it actually makes sense. It's not just an alternate cut, it's almost a completely different movie with a different beginning and ending. The amount of alternate footage supposedly totals 40-45 minutes!

4. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

I got the Producer's Cut on Ebay and it is a completely different movie, but I still like the original cut better, way more Myers ass whoopin', but it's definitely a must see for any fan of the series. You can score it on ebay rather cheap, I'd suggest you try it if you're curious, this will never see the light of day, I don't think. Just be sure to get the widescreen version with all the features.

5. maybrick

To answer Camp Blood's question, with companies like Miramax and Dimension involved I wouldn't hold my breath. I think if Anchor Bay ever acquires the rights it'll only be released through their UK branch.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

Buena Vista/Miramax/Whatever Else in That Conglomerate has actually been pretty good about licensing out their titles to independent distributors in the past (a number of Anchor Bay releases have been licensed from them).

7. rijir

rijir Member

I bet any official release of the Producer's Cut would just take the "charm" out of the fact that it is a rarity and no one but us hard core collectors would even care to buy it.

8. maybrick

I'm sure the people who actually like the movie and those who haven't but are interested in seeing it will buy it. How would that be any different than any other horror movie that gets released to DVD? I think the reverse is true, that the people who sought out the bootlegs on ebay are the "hard core" collectors. They're the ones who care about the charm of owning a rarity. Having an official release would only help broaden it's audience among non-collectors.

9. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

It's better, but not by light years as some people claim. It's worth a spin if you're a fan of the series but honestly I could watch either version and still be just as unimpressed. The film has atmosphere I'll give it that, but overall it's dull wither way you watch it.

10. killit

killit Active Member

um.... I'd really like to see this...um, perhaps we can work something out?

11. maybrick

Try mininova. They have it on bittorrent.

12. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

actually for me i can barely stand the theatrical version now after seeing the producer's cut