Halloween Drinks

Discussion in 'General' started by ImmortalSlasher, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Haha, nice!! I can happily report I just tried one (13th Floor Haunted House Pumpkin ale) and it's pretty good.

I've said it before on here, Shipyard pumpkinhead is my all time favorite and it's becoming more and more difficult to find outside of the Northeast. I managed to save a few for Halloween day but I'm looking to store away some primo's for the 31st. I'll save one or two of these.

othervoice1 likes this.
  2. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Their current pies are garbage.

ImmortalSlasher and scott71670 like this.
  3. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

Agreed, I hate to say. If it isnt 400 degrees and doesnt take 45 minutes to not be volcanic temperature and doesnt have the consistency of a scrubbee pad for the pots when it goes in your mouth, it is so not a MickeyD's apple pie. I can remember them being so damn hot you'd just like shove 'em in your mouth because they were burning your fingers (logic is fun!) and immediately have to suck up half your soda to use like runway foam at a burning airplane landing. Awesome stuff. The kids're missing out.

4. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Still haven't found Evil Dead Red, but in my search I got some Pliny the Elder, and Stone's Vertical Epic Palindrome 02-20. Two bottles...one to age, and one to drink soon. I actually still have some of the old Vertical Epics, unopened. I know I have the 06-06-06 vintage.

So even if I can't find a proper Halloween drink, I'll be too drunk to care.

Natas likes this.
  5. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Joe Bob Briggs will be hitting the Lone Star tonight I'm sure, but I'll be enjoying this while watching:

[​IMG]

6. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I've kept an eye out for this one since you mentioned it a while back but even though I've seen a few from Alesmith on the shelves this is the only Evil Dead Red 6 pack I've ever seen. Enjoy!

7. Christy

Christy Active Member

Where did you find this Paff?

8. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I got it at the Alesmith headquarters, only about 7-8 miles from my home.

It just came out this week, so it may take a while for it to get distributed nation-wide. Keep looking for it. Also, this is the first time I ever got a sixer of it, I normally get it in a 22oz bomber, but those are falling out of favor in the microbrew world.

Here's what it looks like poured, by the way. Not exactly "blood red" as they describe it.

[​IMG]

And yes, that's my Giallo-inspired J&B in the background.

ImmortalSlasher and f.ramses like this.
  9. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

378221.jpg

Grabbed a 6er of this last night. It was a bold decision but it was pretty-pretty-pretty-pretty good (in my best Larry David voice)

10. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

You guys got me thinkin about creepy drinks: I wonder how it would be if you take a Dracula's Kiss and dump in a cherry 5 hour energy shot. I would call it an Adrenochrome.

11. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I would bet that Popeye's probably has the best pies now. I think Church's made a good pie but it doesn't look like I remembered it from their website. I remember the pies on an angled vertical rack. Arby's had an Apple Turnover type pie. I don't think they changed that. But I think that was more recent compared to McDonalds.

I remember an old restaurant that closed down that made good apple and peach cobblers. I remember seeing actors and athletes there from time to time. Not the standard fast food pie but Poppin Fresh now Baker's Square still has a good Country Apple and French Apple pie.

12. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Tonight was Stone Tiki Escape (not my photo)

[​IMG]

but I'm really digging the Evil Dead Red this year, enough that I'm thinking of buying another sixer of it.

ImmortalSlasher likes this.
  13. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I'll look up that Tiki. That stuff seems to be popular now. Mondo keeps selling Tiki Alien, Universal Monsters, and other character mugs.