Halloween II and III Blu-Rays using original poster art?

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Spacetraveler, Jun 26, 2011.

1. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

i was allowed to buy it this time. can't watch it yet though, as we're at my inlaws place and they don't have a BD player. I'm excited to watch this on my new tv, though. tomorrow night will have to do. also interested to see terror in the isles. I tried watching a bit of it on youtube a year ago or so, but couldn't get into it. i've never really seen the point of clip shows. that being said, im willing to give it another shot. I guess im in the minority when i say im glad they packaged it as an extra on this disc, rather than as its own entity. i can't imagine myself picking it up otherwise, unless it had received some sort of SE treatment.

2. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

Yeah.. uh, Ronnie. Are you connecting your Blu-ray player via composite or something? (Yes, I'm being facetious.) The Blu-ray is terrific. Quite possibly one of Universal's best efforts for a catalogue title.

3. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

Exactly... I was perplexed, and pleasantly surprised, to see the Universal logo followed by a nicely-grained film-like image rather than a waxy over-sharpened haloed mess.

4. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Mine should be coming any day now.

5. kiddvideo

kiddvideo New Member

For my fellow Canucks you can pick this up at HMV for $15 even. I was at two locations in Ottawa and both a 6-8 copies each.

6. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Someone found that copy I stashed ast Best Buy, what I get for being lazy about it. Had I hid it behind Wall Street 2, it would've been there!
    Thankfully, and shockingly, Meijer's right around the corner had 2 copies, and for 11 cents cheaper!

7. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Boycott Universal's Halloween II on Facebook

?? Okay, seriously? :rolleyes: Yeah, it's unfortunate that his credit was removed from the movie, but I'm not about to boycott it because of that.

Anyone else guessing that the majority of these are just DVD diehards simple pissed off because Universal didn't also re-release it on DVD?

9. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I know, they're taking it over the top. Universal shouldn't have removed the name but frankly it's not something that's going to deter me from buying this disc.

10. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Yeah I know but people have bitch about something, I just hope all this bad press won't deter them from bringing out Part III.

11. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I was thinking.

12. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

im pretty sure the only thing that would deter them would be bad sales. and since it doesn't seem like the spent too much money on the release, i doubt it will take much for them to see it as a profitable move. im confident III will come.

13. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

I wouldn't call it bitching. His dad kept the series going and seemed to actually care about the franchise. Universal removing his credit is disrespectful. Also, his father died not too long ago which I'm sure makes this even more hurtful. I'm curious as to why they took the credit off. It just seems weird to me.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  14. Agentsusp

Agentsusp Member

Looks just like the particular print they used didn't have his credit. He still gets credit on the actual DVD case. People like to get upset about things that don't really matter. The constant call for "boycotts" of releases is one of the reasons studios don't bother to deal with cult movies.

15. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

No, his name is replaced, no question, by a 'Universal pictures presents' which is in a font not even close to the rest of the credits. It really sticks out kinda bad.

I hate it. I think it's disrespectful at best and I would probably be just as pissed if it were my dad. I'd love to join another boycott, but my copy is already opened and enjoyed. While this is certainly a low blow from U, it's not quite boycott worthy to me. How shitty the BD starts looking in the thrid act might be... wtf? It was fine until then, even dark shots looked good, then it wall went to hell. Still, I'm coming from the non-anamorphic GoodTimes dvd, so it's a massive upgrade regardless but inconsistant transfer methinks.

16. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Agreed. I guess I'm also in the minority who finds this to be bullshit. That being said, I will humbly admit that I don't own a blu-ray player. THAT being said, if I can get a movie on DVD that is decent enough quality (widescreen) at a lower price, I won't feel the need to splurge on the super-updated cleaned and HD restored DVD version (THAT being said), unless it's a movie a really love.

17. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

You´re glad you don´t own a blu-ray player because of this???!!!

18. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

:d

19. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Not particularly because of that but I still find it incredibly disrespectful.

Terror in the Aisles is the only reason I would go Blu but I didn't love it enough to upgrade. Just fine with Halloween II on DVD.

20. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

I find it disrespectful too, but I don't see a boycott doing anything to stop Universal from doing this again or fixing an error that looks like it was intentional. I bought the blu-ray & I'll enjoy it but I'm not getting rid of my dvd either.