Happy Birthday to Me/When a Stranger Calls 1979 blu-ray double feature!!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by fceurich39, Dec 26, 2012.

1. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I think as a few have already mentioned in this thread, it appeared to be a timed Walmart exclusive.

2. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Maybe Wal-Mart had the exclusive until March 26th. Glad I purchased mine from my local Wal-Mart a few days ago.

3. Eddyw78

Eddyw78 Member

Without reading the whole thread could someone please confirm whether this is region free or not. I have a couple of other Millcreek BDs that say region A on the sleeve but are infact region free. Thanks guys

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

This one is definitely Region A "locked" – I've previously confirmed it with AnyDVD HD.

Blu-ray.com also has reviews up now, and also confirm it as locked:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/When-a-Stranger-Calls-and-Happy-Birthday-to-Me-Blu-ray/62863/#Review

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/When-A-Stranger-Calls-Blu-ray/25074/#Review

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Happy-Birthday-to-Me-Blu-ray/62926/#Review

5. Eddyw78

Eddyw78 Member

Oh well. Thanks for the reply. I also saw the review in your link here which i was what prompted me to enquire about the region code. Blu ray.com dont always get the region codes correct. Dirt cheap on Amazon.co.uk. Well under £5 incl shipping.

6. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Just a heads up, Walmart now has a MillCreek blu-ray $2.96 bin. This is one of the titles in that bin, also has Galaxina/Crater Lake Monster BD, Anatomy 1/2 BD, Deep Rising/Puppet Masters BD as well as some of the Ernest movies and other non horror titles. I seen this bin in several Walmarts, so be sure to check yours if you don't have these discs. HIGHLY recommend picking these up, especially for the price.

7. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Thanks for the heads up. Was able to get Anatomy but the two stores here had no Galaxina sets. Anyone want to trade that for one of these you can't find (if you find an extra or just don't want it anymore. I'll do it for an old used copy too)? There was only 1 copy of Anatomy at each store, and I'm pretty sure it will stay at the store I passed on until I get it for someone, judging by the store's location and clientele. Both had one copy of the Mr. Sardonious/Brotherhood of Satan also, and tons of Happy Birthday to Me sets. Let's hook each other up!

8. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I'll keep an eye out for another copy of Galaxina. I only came across one copy so far, and I nabbed that for myself.

Did not see Brotherhood of Satan/Sardonious at any of the Walmarts here, but I already have that disc.