Hills Have Eyes(06) UNRATED differences/pics SPOILERS

Discussion in 'General' started by Paul0889, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

I got a copy of the new unrated version yesterday. not too many differences but they do make a difference. let me just say for those who still haven't seen it or are still doubting it, rent or buy it when it comes out!!

New stuff:

More of the pickaxe deaths in the beginning: Pluto slamms the guy attatched to the pickaxe down on the rocks a few more times, sending sparks flying.

gas station man: his shot gun suicide looks much brighter now to me, and the camera lingers on his blown off head a couple seconds longer.

Big Bob's death: we now see a close up of him on fire and his eyes rolling up and turning white

Trailer attack: when lizard bites off the bird's head, he not only drinks it's blood, but now he also dumps some of it on his face. the rape scene is exactly the same as in theaters, it didn't look extended at all despite that alexander aja said in an interview that 30 seconds was cut from it. there are some new brief shots of lizard holding the gun in the baby's face now with some new reactions from lynn. then when he shoot lynn, we now get to see him actually shoot her. he puts the gun right on her forehead then pulls the trigger and we see the muzzle flash in front of her face and you see her brains fly from the back of her head.

Doug and Pluto fight: i think that when Pluto chops Doug's fingers off, it is slightly different. It just looked more noticeable and you see his fingers bend and snap off rather then get chopped off. When Doug slamms the axe into Pluto's head, it is at a different angle from the ground up so you see Pluto bleed into the camera.

Cist: when Doug slamms the axe into Cist's back, he stuggles to get it out more and twists it around. Then when he slamms it into his eye, the camera zooms down and lingers on the axe in his eye(as shown on the internet)

Jupiter's Death: Now you get to see Jupiter struggle a bit while impaled on the metal rod after the explotion, before Brenda ramms the pickaxe in his head.

The end: Doug bashes the shit out of Lizard's face a lot more than the theatrical cut. he also shoots his throat too

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

Oooh, I can't wait to get my hands on this dirty son'bitch!

3. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Awesome! :) Can't wait for this. :)

4. killnstalk

killnstalk Guest

i cant wait for this.ill get this dvd

5. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I have been waiting for the past four weeks, literally counting down until the DVD comes out.

My girlfriend & I are anxiously awaiting the arrival.

6. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

Really looking forward to this one myself as well.

7. Tien21

Tien21 Guest

I thought the theatrical version was pushing it, I can't wait to get the Unrated disk! I loved this ultraviolent movie from start to finish.

8. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I agree...:lol:

9. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

As if it weren't gory enough... This sounds sweet. Can't wait to nab one.

10. uradouche

uradouche New Member

Have to say... can't wait! Hoping for some good first-week retail deals!!!!

11. BoredSeal

BoredSeal Member

unrated version is excellent. Aja and Levasseur are true masters of todays horror :)

12. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I think the movie was very good on its own, but the extra added gore gives the movie just a bit more kick. The ending was much more powerful in the unrated version though. Some blood justice was going down for real. I loved it.

That said, with all the blood and gore and intensity going down, the scariest moment for me last night was when the word "Daddy" comes out of the night. I think my speakers were set just right for that because I was all swinging around thinking someone was behind me. I was really fucking scared. Awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2006
  13. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

Ashamed to say I haven't grabbed this yet, but will very soon! Loved it in the theatres, and this will just be even better.

14. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

So... In the documentary, they show a deleted scene. However, on the DVD, no deleted scenes.

Do I smell a double disc release within six months?.....

15. Ash

Ash New Member

I was surprisingly impressed. Best remake since Savini's NOTLD remake.

16. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

I was kind of disappointed in this one; maybe I expected too much after Aja's previous film, plus all of the high priase being heaped upon it. Good gore and the things they changed from the original were pretty good choices, but it was like most other remakes: totally lacking the spirit of the original.
    My boyfriend was yelling and jumping out of his skin though, which was VERY fun to watch, but he doesn't usually watch horror. I was kind of jealous. :(

17. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

I'm waiting on this one....partially because I feel like I just saw it in the theater and even though I liked it I'm not desperate to have it right this instant. I have a ton of stuff to watch from the DDD sale, and want to curb my spending for a while. Also, the price might drop by this fall, or plans might be revealed for another edition.

I'll probably pick it up during the November DDD sale.....I'll probably be more interested in revisiting it by this fall.

18. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Don't think I'll ever buy this one. I liked the film, but it's not something I feel the need to own.

19. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I felt the same way but then my wife bought it. :mad:
    Oh well I guess it is better than a chick flick.

20. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

You should tell her to send it back and pick up The John Waters Collection. :evil: