HOT PRESS!!! Zombie Fans!

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by slinker, Jun 5, 2002.

1. slinker

slinker Un-Holy Force.

Bill Lustig has announced that he has uncovered the original (YES ORIGINAL!!) prints to Argento`s version of Dawn Of The Dead and its meant to look absolutely stunning like it has never looked before!! so look forward to a very special box set later this year! with Argentos cut and Romeros cut with another disc of special features...*drool*

2. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    This print better be part of that planned 3 disc set, and not another F**K you to us horror fans with a dozen different editions.

3. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Special box set later this year....with Argentos cut and Romeros cut with another disc of special features...hmm???

I thought the box set was coming out next year through AB? I am guessing that the newly found print will not be part of the box set if it is newly found. I won't get my hopes up but it does sound strange at best. ;)

Will Day Of The Dead get a 3 DVD treatment too or is it just getting a better re-release due out sometime next year?

4. I thought the box set was The Theatrical/The Argento/and the Romero Dir Cut... whats this bonus disc business? I thought it was all three cuts, like the final word- here is every single cut.

5. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

I read that is was all 3 cuts and then a 4th disc of extras and AB was trying to release Document of the dead with this release also.

6. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

So now its a 4 DVD set? Naw, come on...where's a AB rep when you need one. ;)

7. hell ya!

This is what was reported back in january. I got it at Gorezone.net

** DAWN OF THE DEAD 3 DVD set!!: Yesterday at Fangoria's Weekend of Horrors, Anchor Bay representative Michael Felsher confirmed for us fanatics, the rumor of the definitive DAWN OF THE DEAD 3 disc set being released by Anchor Bay. This 3 disc set was confirmed by Felsher yesterday who said it would be released sometimes in 2002 and the set will include all three cuts of the film (the U.S. theatrical cut, the 139 minute director's cut and the Dario Argento cut, ZOMBIE) -also to be included is the commentary track from the Laserdisc and very possibly (although not yet 100% confirmed), a commentary from the four main stars of the film. Felsher also stated the possibility of working with Synapse films and including DOCUMENT OF THE DEAD in this package!

So instead of 2002 it is 2003 but i think it will be worth the wait.

8. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Hell ya, I read something like that a while back also. Wouldn't the extras go on their respective DVDs instead of a fourth DVD with only extras? Anyway, its good to know that a box set is coming and thats all that matters for now. ;)

Have you or anyone else got any newer info on the upcoming Day Of The Dead release?

9. Since "Dawn" will be released the same month of its 25th anniversary they'll probably release "Day" in a distant 2005 for its 20th anniversary would be my guess. Though it's only a guess.

10. hell ya!

I thought that there were more extras so they would go on a 4th disc plus if they get Document of the dead then they might need a 4th disc otherwise they wouldn't need a 4th disc. It really doesn't matter to me as long as it is released.

11. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Uh....hell ya! :D\nn/

12. hell ya!

13. francostein

francostein New Member

I read in a old fangoria that there was a four hour version of dawn. Why don't they find that stuff instead of releasing the same crap.

14. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

So I assume that the newly found Argento print will be the version that is released for the box set and then the Theatrical and Romero versions....;)