Joe Bob Returns to the Drive-In...

Discussion in 'General' started by Egg_Shen, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

From DVDFile:

This should be very cool. I loved Joe Bob’s commentary for ISOYG and have been a long time fan. I had a feeling Elite would work with Briggs again, just not in this capacity.

2. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Oh Dude, you have made me so happy. I love Joe Bob, he was funny and actually gave me information on the movies. I will get the lot of these.

3. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

That's like the coolest news I've heard in a while! Joe Bob fucking rocks, and I was hoping he'd do something like this! I'd love to see what would be slated release wise.

4. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Very nice to hear!

5. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Man! This is awesome!! This has just added to what is already going to be a great year for dvd releases. My only question now is, who stole my idea ? ;)

6. Although I've never even heard of Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter, I'll be sure to pick it up for that reason only! Thanks for the great news.

7. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I'll pick up Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter for the title alone. I thought Billy the Kid vs. Dracula was good, but they went one better I guess. I used to watch Joe Bob's show all the time when I was younger, I'm even considering watching I Spit on Your Grave, a movie which I have no real interest in seeing, just to hear the commentary.

8. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

haha, thats the same exact thing i thought when i read the title

9. I used to love watching Joe Bob on the Movie Channel.

He is probably one of my 2 favorite male hosts.

I did not even notice that he did a commentary on I Spit On Your Grave. Hopefully sometime I will be able to get around to listening to it. :)

10. nofxafi

nofxafi Guest

I bought this just for his commentary as well. I don't hate the movie, but I definitely wouldn't have bought it otherwise. Joe Bob is just funny as shit!!

11. Broken

Broken Guest

joe bob sucks. i will stay far away as possible from this crap.
    :fire: joe bob

12. robman795

robman795 Guest

That commentary on I Spit on your grave with Joe rocks.:banana: :banana:

13. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I sure hope 'ol Joe Bob digs up some winners for us to see. I'm sure Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter is classic and all, but lets hope some great cult flicks we all want to see out get releases too.

14. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

Here’s the cover art for the dvd. I’m looking for forward to this, even though I’ve never seen the flick. I guess Joe Bob will introduce and close the movie just like his old days on TMC, except now we pay $14.95 an episode.

Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter

15. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

tpp bad his show still wasn't on....

16. Atmims

Atmims Guest

I saw the movie when I was little and don't remember much at all about it. I'll still get this, Joe Bobs commentary is always excellent!

17. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

[​IMG] :banana:

18. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

I actually rented this from netflix. The film is really awful and during the commentary there are times even Joe Bob grows restless. The commentary has it’s fair share of obscure trivia though. “One Shot” Boudine’s early days in the silent pictures, the history of the cast, and the fact that this movie was the last for almost all of the actors (that should indicate the quality of the flick right there). The menu has some funny Joe Bobisms and there’s a theatrical trailer, but I think I’ll pass on picking up a copy to own.

19. Luna

Luna Guest

Whew, this one is in my Netflix queue and I'll probably get it in a few weeks at this rate. I loved Joe Bob and wish he was still on cable. I'm anticipating this movie much like an MST3K movie... I know it will be VERY painful, but I'm hoping his commentary will save it or make it worthwhile. I'm pretty sure it will be funny, and I do have a high tolerance for bad.

20. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

Being a Joe Bob fan, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the commentary. It’s the movie without his comments that’ll greatly test your tolerance level.