Leviathan (Hellraiser I & 2 Documentary)

Discussion in 'General' started by Hatchetwarrior, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It's a little pricey to import, and shipping was a bit cheaper (£4) on the pre-order... but to most Hellraiser fans (which is who it's really made for) it'll be well worth it. These being two of my favorite horror films, 6+ hours spanning 3 discs is easily worth the price for me.

2. Katatonia

I received mine in the mail earlier, factory sealed, and got the limited Julia Mattress O-Ring and Channard booklet included. The three discs were all perfect as well, no marks or scratches.

It's gonna be a hellish weekend, because I'm going to try to watch it all! :evil: :evil: :evil: Both parts of the documentary run at just a few minutes shy of 8 hours, and then there's a whole disc of bonus features to boot.

They are also doing the Fright Night documentary: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...e-story-of-fright-night-d?ref=category_social

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  3. inkmachine

inkmachine Member

so these discs DO play on all STANDARD USA DVD players?

4. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Well-Known Member

Yes. They are region free! But they are PAL as standard in the UK, but if you have a half decent TV you should be fine!

BTW. I started watching the first disc last week. I got about 90 mins in and gave up. VERY slow! At least 30 minutes of virtually blowing Clive Barker. Which is warranted, he IS a genius in many respects, but 30+ mins of everyone saying so gets tedious.

5. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

Is the video 16:9? Not all DVD players convert PAL to NTSC, and not all that do handle anamorphic correctly. My PS3, I have no idea. Between these uncertainties, the price, and missing out on preorder goodies, I might just have to pass on this one. They should really do a U.S. release.

6. Katatonia

Yes, the video is 16x9 Progressive encoded.

The only pre-order "goodies" you'll miss out on are the Julia Mattress O-Ring (Slip Cover) and possibly the 4-page Channard booklet, or poster/shirt/autographs if you contributed to the Kickstarter campaign.

The main two-part documentary is nearly 8 hours in length, and then there's another 3½ hours of bonus material. The discs are region free, and as long as you have a player that can convert PAL to NTSC, there should be no playback issues.

7. dentists

dentists Member

Somehow this doc made Hellraiser out to be boring...does it get better after the first 2 hours? I had to turn that shit off.

8. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I had no idea this was so long. I usually can't do documentaries unless they stick to around the hour and a half mark. After that I start getting really bored. If they're split up into smaller parts for really long ones it makes it easier to watch but 2 hours or more for one doco usually kills me. I couldn't even finish the Return of the Living Dead doco which was really good as I just got bored by the end once it started to exceed the hour and a half mark.

9. Katatonia

It's really made for hardcore fans of the films and not really for casual viewers. It's definitely not something you'll want to site down and watch in one sitting in either case though, because it is super-long.

10. Zombie Dude

Even if I'm a big fan it's usually a struggle. The 4 hour Halloween remake documentary for example was split into four parts and I was able to breeze through it far more easily than some 2 hour docs.

11. Katatonia

This is basically split into two 4-hour parts. Then there's another almost 4 hours of bonus footage on the DVD set.

12. Zombie Dude

Shame. That makes it a lot harder to watch. I can't imagine many people want to sit and listen to this stuff for four hours straight.

Katatonia likes this.
  13. Katatonia

It's definitely not a casual watch. If you don't absolutely love the movies, it's going to be a pain to sit through until the end. It's probably also why this is sold direct and not in the retail sector, it's meant for a specialized fan base.