Midnight ( 1982 ) coming to DVD

Discussion in 'General' started by Evil Dead Guy, Jul 30, 2005.

1. I never knew this lost backwoods slasher by John A. Russo is coming out on DVD Sept. 20, Lions Gate will be be releasing it as that's all i know as not much info as yet. I remember seeing this when i was in my early teens and liked it alot, cannot wait for this one.

2. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Man could there be more movies I want coming out 9/20? Well, I guess so because I just learned about this one, but damn. Spread it out a bit people.

At any rate, thanks for the tip. I have a vague memory of liking this, but that is about it. I just added it to one of my 9/20 mega orders. I can't wait to rediscover this one.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2005
  3. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

Wow, I didn't know this either...thanks EDG! First Just Before Dawn and now Russo's Midnight....both laughing fat guy slashers on dvd!!! "You're on your own...You're all alone....And Mid-night's-at-your-door" Tired

4. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

I hear ya!I have at least 10 DVDs to order for that date.

5. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

I Thought This Movie Was Good Just Watched It On Vhs That I Got From Ebay Probably Will Pass On Dvd Though

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I remember seeing this one years and years ago, haven't seen it since then however.

From the retail price ($9.98), it'll most likely be similar to the Unnamable II DVD put out by Lions Gate. Full Screen and probably not even a Menu. The remnants of Artisan creep on! :evil:

7. Yeah, both Unnamamble films are on a region 2 release which has some decent extras! It's a shame that they couldn't at least release the 1st Unnamable in the Unrated version I rented a while ago. At least with Midnight, John Russo is still around. So, they should've contacted him and at the very least gotten an interview.

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yeah, it's a very nice double feature release from AB UK and well worth the money. I still have the R1 of Unnamable II, and not quite sure why I'm holding on to it either!

9. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

i heard russo was involved in this release.......

10. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I just started the NetFlix series Locke & Key, and there's a scene in the first episode where a group of Tom Savini obsessed teens are watching this.

Not exactly the kind of movie you expect to see in some big budget NetFlix series.