My Soul to Take (2010)

Discussion in 'General' started by Hellbilly, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Darkside

Darkside New Member

Trailer did nothing for me, I will wait for the DVD and hope for the best. Sometimes Craven over thinks and over re-writes his stories (as of late) and churns out crap. I sometimes wish he would just be able to start his own company so we could see what his thoughts were before the studio tells him to axe some of the better portions of the story. I think he would have a pretty good Blue Ray niche of extras to provide if allowed...

2. Severn

Severn Member

Watching that trailer I half expected the two guys from Supernatural to show up.

3. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

There was always something about the girls from teh Friday movies, while being hot they seemed cool and like someone like myself would at least have a chance with, and if not a chance, at least they'd talk to me for a while.

Nowadays, the pretty bitches all walk around like their fake-titted shit don't stink. I feel not only do I have no chance with em, but I'm fine with not trying cuz they are so ugly inside anyway. I mean try to mack on an uninterested girl in bar. You used to get dissed, but usually with a smile and a story. Now it's a head turn and huff. Maybe they too pretty or maybe it's just the cultural changes. Getting old sucks, but judging by what I see today I'm happy to have grown up when I did!

4. deepred

deepred Member

I enjoy Glee and the actors on that show can act, dance, AND sing. :fire: That said, I enjoyed Glee more during the inital 13 episode run when it had a sarcastic Election-type vibe to it but the actors on that show shouldn't just be lumped in as actors that are pretty with no talent.

5. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

Just saw the trailer for this film.
    I'm holding onto hope that this could be another good Craven entry. Yes, it looks very "Scream"-ish from the trailer but that could just be poor editing. However, I'd like to think that he may be mixing some of the most successful aspects of Scream & ANoES together and, if so, the film will either be hit or miss.
    Here's hoping for "hit." I still want to see Craven return to the glory that he hasn't know since New Nightmare and Scream.

6. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

I LOVE Glee, but a look at my screenname should give you an idea as to why. Spending the early years of my adult life as a professional musician may have colored my opinion of this show. That being said, the players in Glee ARE very talented. Each one of the cast can sing, dance & act to some reasonable extent, and several of the leads are phenomenally talented. I really would have preferred if you didn't lump Glee in the same category as those other, lesser (IMHO) series.

7. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the trailer. I doubt I will catch this one at all.

8. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

I stand corrected.

I'm a big person, I'll admit it.

9. TheDreamMaster

TheDreamMaster Member

Was there anyone else brave enough to check this one out today? I didn't like it a whole lot.

10. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I really wanted to be excited about this one until I saw the trailer. It seemed like an alternate version of A Nightmare on Elm Street... then there was the cast (all kids, which doesn't have to be bad I suppose)... then it said that it was in 3D. I think I'll pass for now. There are too many other movies I'd rather watch. I'm curious to hear people's reactions to the movie, though.

11. Jason Reynolds

Jason Reynolds New Member

I was planning to see it last night but got stuck at work.

I agree that it looks like a rip off of ANOS and Shocker, and the reviews have been horrible.

Still plan to see it though as I'm a big Craven fan. Though I'll see it in 2D for cheap as I hear the 3D is a bad conversion with little value.

12. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Just got back from the theater and it was bad. Real bad. Hills Have Eyes Part 2 bad. Except for that flashback-filled sequel I haven't seen a worse Wes Craven movie.

13. rhett

rhett Administrator

Holy shit. What a fucking M E S S. This is a movie that could only have been made based on the pedigree of the director because the story, the dialogue, the everything, is so incredibly ludicrous from start to finish. The final act goes so far south of making sense that it honestly makes TROLL 2 logical. I am not going to spoil anything, you all must go out and see this. It's R, it's not a remake or a sequel, it's from a horror legend, and it is so crazy that it's impossible to turn away. By all conventional standards it's bad, but as Pauline Kael said, "Hail Foley". I haven't been this entertained in months!

14. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

Is a nice highly anticipated detailed review forth coming rhett?

15. rhett

rhett Administrator

I have already reviewed DON'T GO IN THE WOODS and SCREAM (1980)...I fear that if I were to review this my brain would finally explode. I'll say this: My parents had ROCKY HORROR, I had TROLL 2, and my kids will have MY SOUL TO TAKE. See it now, because it will become the cult classic of tomorrow.

16. Chunkblower

Chunkblower Member

It can't even be put into words the awfulness of this...thing...just...fuck...I don't even know where to begin. It pretty much flies off the rails at minute one and doesn't ever look back. It's not just bad, it's aggressively bad. Like Craven was given a bunch of money and actors and just made it up as he went along, occasionally stopping for three pages of expository dialogue that explains NOTHING. I never thought the day would come where the 1985 Hills Have Eyes Part II would no longer be the worst film of Craven's career, but that day is here.

17. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Active Member

It's simply a bizarre slasher told from the point of view from someone with Schizophrenia (not a spoiler)... The film was awesomely entertaining, but not "good." Hilarious for sure.

18. Johnny Macabre

Johnny Macabre New Member

I'm surprise to see all the hate for this movie. Sure it's not perfect, but I personaly loved it! Good old Craven!

It's a nice change to see a movie in the theatres that wasn't make for teen with ADD! Yes you have to leave a certain logic by the door and the plot requires that you don't blink to much, but in the end I was entertain.

Since most of the flaws that people are pointing out would be considered quality if the movie was made in the 80's, I'm sure My Soul To Take will catch on in a couple of years!

And who knows... maybe the eventual DVD release will have a director's cut featuring a dog flashback taht will make the movie even better!

19. TheDreamMaster

TheDreamMaster Member

Shit, I felt like the movie itself had ADD, especially at the beginning! One minute we're with one set of characters, suddenly we're with another, then for some reason this asshole is carrying around a bird suit and this other girl is ordering a bully to give out "3s" and "8s." All the while I'm sitting there wondering, "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?"

20. rhett

rhett Administrator

Haha yeah, the movie is definitely scatterbrained. I sort of like how Craven just throws you into it at the start, but in the end he pays for it by having like twenty minutes of exposition spoken by the characters when they are supposed to be in peril. Still, it's like nothing else, and for that Craven deserves a slow and gentle back rub.