NAIL GUN MASSACRE Retro VHS Pre-Order

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by DEEPESTBLACK, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Hey asshole, you're right it is pretty funny. Seems you think someone's holding a (nail)gun to your head to buy the fucking thing, the same way you're being forced to watch Jersey Shore and the Kartrashians.
    Don't like it, don't buy it, buy there's no need to shit on people who want it. The staple of a free market society.

2. fart_mike

fart_mike New Member

nope, not on facebook, just know about them, and nope, not chastising collectors who find gems in the wild, since that's what i've been doing since day one...i'd just like the option to score something that eluded me on an internet site, but those days are long gone...

3. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Amen brother.

Also, any fellow hipsters looking to pick one of these up, Diabolik as a preorder page up with a price tag that is a little easier on the wallet.

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/Preorders/Nailgun-Massacre-VHS-(LE-1000-Copies).html

EYE C WUT U DED THAR. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  4. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link :)

Pre-ordered! I´m gonna be the coolest and hippest guy in town for owning this :glasses: ;):D

5. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

"The elitist vhs collector pricks on facebook have ruined it."

Can someone here explain to me what that is about? I'd like to gain an understanding of that statement and what it refers to.

6. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

According to fart_mike, there are elitist vhs collector pricks on facebook--not that fart_mike would know, because he's not on facebook (unlike some elitist vhs collector pricks). How fart_mike knows enough about these vhs collectors to refer to them as "elitist" and "pricks" when he cannot access the site where they are doing their no-doubt elitist boasting about all their sweet vhs finds, we may never know. Perhaps he has a hyper-awareness of such things, like animals before a tornado, which is how he was led here to yet another haven of elitist pricks talking about vhs tapes.

7. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Cant we all just hug and makeup here? lol

8. fart_mike

fart_mike New Member

the vhs collectors on facebook have formed an ebay/amazon scout force that automatically drives up interest, and the going price for any vhs tape that they deem worthy...if a tasty tape shows up, they will be the one outbidding you, guaranteed...they do it for no other reason than bragging rights, it's a biggest-dick contest over there, and it makes it hard for "outsiders" to score...ebay/amazon sellers have taken notice to this upward trend and now deem their tapes to be made of collector's gold...apparently, so have independent video companies...

9. fart_mike

fart_mike New Member

nope, they're one of the reasons i stopped using facebook...i used to be part of the group, hence my "hyper-awareness"...

by the way, i've never thought of anyone here to be elitist, this is my favorite "haven" to discuss the genre of film i love...i value everyone's opinions here, and have never felt left out or belittled...

10. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Well, thanks for clarifying, fart_mike. It seems pretty insular but will take your word for it.

And for the record, I called everyone in this thread an elitist prick, self included. :joshua:

11. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

Sure all you closet homos can touch each other all you want. ;)

I hear you but could you please Link me please? I'd like to see for myself these facebook VHS scouters in action.

I know some here will question fart_mike and make snarky comments. I can't quite piece together what Mike is saying. I will say though that greed and trolls go hand in hand. Look at that fiasco with the Horror Collection chud 2 ghoulies 3 DVD set.

Another thing I have taken strong notice is the recent outrageous prices on Horror VHS auctions on eBay. I have seen too many auctions ending in the hundreds of dollars mark. No way in hell I would pay $80 for 1 stupid ass VHS tape.

Also here is your proof people I can back up what I say!
    Prepair yourself folks I guarantee this will shock you no joke! :eek1:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sad...ror&LH_Complete=1&_dmd=1&_okw=&_fsct=&_sop=16

12. fart_mike

fart_mike New Member

i love vhs, it's my format of choice...vestron (workshed, i'm looking at you), gorgon (i'm looking at myself), thriller, wizard, continental (sicknick i'm looking at you), thorn-emi, magnum, it's my life...i just can't afford the going rates, so i've had to make the yard sales, flea markets and thrift stores of the world my hunting grounds...

the reason for my distaste of the facebook collector elite stems from a comment made by one the heads-of-state...mentioning a pile of "worthless" vestron and lightning tapes someone posted a pic of as "working man's tapes" or something else condescending of that nature, maybe "blue collar tapes"...when i defended the guy who posted his new scores, they went as far as making me my own "vhs whiners" facebook page...that's when i left...

13. fart_mike

fart_mike New Member

14. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I always laugh at some of those prices for the Elvira Thriller Big Box's. Those are some of the EASIEST big boxes to find...granted some titles are harder to find then others, no way in hell I'd pay $150 for one of those.

The highest price VHS I ever bought was $70 for Bloody Friday. I couldn't help myself, I love Claudia Jennings. And then I just nabbed The Hackers for $55 a couple of weeks ago. But the guy selling it also hooked me up with a video poster.

There are still good deals on Ebay, they are far and few between but they are there. Every once in while you'll get an old man selling out the junk in his attic, and he'll put up insanely low BIN prices.

Mike, your Facebook story sounds traumatic. I'm sorry you had to go through that. But you should have stayed away to begin with. Facebook is the world's melting pot of everything that is wrong with our society. It is a disease. If you think your VHS story is bad just look at the whole can of worms it opened up for the Middle East.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  15. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

"The first 25 orders will receive the rare 2004, director released version of Nail Gun Massacre on DVD!" :hum:

I wonder how many people such as myself who ordered today end up not getting the free DVD? My order confirmation and online status order don't mention the DVD. It's only mentioned on the first splash page on the nailgun website. The Nailgun website links and jumps you over to frightmaretexas website. There is no mention of the free DVD when you order there. I wonder if when this mix up ends up causing a stir of pissed off people who ordered this? Anyway I have no regrets as I really want this. If I end up not receiving the free DVD I will surely regret not ordering off diabolikdvd. I was cool with the $32 order as long as I also get the free DVD. Anyway we shall see what happens but yeah I'm not holding my breath.

16. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

I too am annoyed with the new hipster spotlight that's been shined on VHS. I have no problem with anyone that truly loves the format, but anyone that flat-out denies there isn't a sect of people that are only into it because it's "retro" and wear it like some sort of badge of honor is delusional. Some of them don't even do it for the love of the film, they do it as some weird status symbol and just want to say they own it; I wouldn't be surprised if half of them don't ever actually stick the tape into a VHS player. Every true lover of the format should be pissed off at these people because they're the exact reason why the prices on them have soared in recent years and why guys like Mike, who have an actual passion for the films themselves, can't afford what he could just a couple of years ago.

17. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

And yet, these same elitist pricks are also the force behind many of these new releases on the format. Without demand, there wouldn't be as much of a surge in supply. The same thing happens with vinyl and cassettes (shudder). Without hipsters who buy records to display them on their walls w/o ever removing them from their packages, I wouldn't have access to the great new vinyl that I've purchased in the past year and a half.

So, there's a balance. Eventually, those hipsters will move onto something else, sell all their records or VHS tapes, and you'll have access to sweet deals. Deep breaths.

18. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

I don't mind hipsters being hipsters, but I hate when any nerd disses shit other people love like if what the dude said actually did about the nerds making fun of a guy's more common tapes is true. If you're real, you feel your copy of Terror in the Swamp like you feel your copy of Nightmare.

All walls lined up with old school tapes means is you can afford them... doesn't mean shit if they're just sitting there. Like I have an entire wall from roof to floor of DVDs I can never find time to watch. Some dude with a 500 disc collection who watches them religiously is just as well off as me.

19. fart_mike

fart_mike New Member

Workshed, great point about the eventual balance...the pricks will move out of their parent's basements (not knocking it, but it has to be the way they afford the tapes) and the parent's will sell the tapes for a buck a piece at a yard sale or just dump them off at goodwill, where i'll be waiting...

KamuiX, your badge of honor comment is spot on...a shining example? mexican tapes...what use is a mexican cop drama to a 17 year old american kid? but he probably slit his mother's throat and raided her purse to get it, then took pics to post and threw it in a corner...

20. DEEPESTBLACK

DEEPESTBLACK New Member

I have about 35 of those DVD's left that Terry gave me. I thought about selling them to hipsters for loads of cash on eBay. :banana:

But, instead wanted to give them to the first 25 who pre-ordered it from us. :sperm: